Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

On the theme "Italians of Harringay" you may enjoy this video "1 second a day - more or less" by Alessandro Mariscalco. It's a 1 year time lapse giving a glimpse into the life of a young Italian living here, and it features quite a few local landmarks (I've spotted Stanhope and Roseberry Gardens, Gokyuzu, Blend, the Sainsbury's, the Overground, the bridge on Green Lanes, as well as Clissold Park and Stamford Hill, but there are probably many more - it goes quite fast!). 

I've received it through Italian friends - it has received a bit of media coverage in Italy because at the moment the whole issue of young people leaving in droves to work abroad is very topical. The consulate here estimates about one plane full of new arrivals lands in London every other day, and the number of Italians here has now surged to a quarter of a million (don't tell the Daily Mail....!). I have no figures but based on how frequently I hear Italian spoken here vs other parts of London, I personally think this area must be one of those with the highest concentration of the 20-30 year old segment now.

Views: 1534

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha ha! You'll have to come along OAE.

Just wanted to say - as we mentioned Durazzo in this thread - that I tried it with my family today and I found it excellent. It would be a great place to organise an Italian themed lunch or dinner for anyone on HoL with an interest in Italy .... It's the perfect size for a large group. (I Borboni, or Borboo as it's now called, is also great, but much smaller). Who is interested? Shall we set it up? 

I'm game!

me too! anch'io!

also to add that I went to Borboo on Saturday, I had a big slice of pepperoni pizza straight out of the oven and a "macchiato caldo", and my husband had a "sfogliatella" and a hot chocolate. Everything was really delicious and at £7 a real bargain too! The lads who run it are very nice and helpful, they also deliver locally until 10 pm so you might want to pop in and grab one of their delivery menus :)

I'm in too!

I'm officially addicted to Borboo, i visited them 4 times over the week end  They have so many specialities that I had never tried before!

Hi Hugo,just noticed your comments re Borboo(Borboni)i can't trace any 'phone number to order.

Apparently they deliver locally.thanks for info.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service