Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Is time for a big ole Hallelujah?

Tags for Forum Posts: oyster, public transport, tfl

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So, just been on the phone to Oyster customer services for about 30 minutes. They have no record of the readers being activated, and this is reflected in the card history not having any entry/exit events for Harringay. So they're calculating the refund I'm due because of the maximum fare issue, but it seems for now the advice is not to use the Oyster readers.

Incidentally, he let it slip that according to his "system", Harringay isn't slated to go online until January.
Thanks for the detective work. Sounds like you have a citizen journalist's nose!
this is very exciting news. It has been so tantalising these last few years. Patience.
The machine now seems to have been deactivated - at least it was yesterday evening, meaning that I will have been charged the excess fare. Very annoying, and I have emailed Oyster asking for a refund.
Tried this out this morning for the first time:
Oyster machine southbound on and working - good news as there is a Monday morning queue in the ticket office, and there is a man with his head inside the rail ticket machine so that is out of action.
On arrival at Moorgate, I swipe out and confirm on an LT machine that the journey is correctly recorded - Harringay to Moorgate £2.60 - excellent (cheaper and more convenient than a rail ticket).
This evening I breeze past the sign at Moorgate that says "Oyster not valid beyond Finsbury Park" - clearly out of date based on this morning's experience? However, on arrival at Harringay all of the machines are 'Closed' (whatever that means?), even the southbound ones. Hmmm....annoying indeed, who is controlling these machines?
(BTW - to avoid a penalty fare for not terminating a journey, Harringay Green Lanes station should have working readers).
I've had the same experience last week - southbound beeped and charged, but on the return journey had to change platforms to swipe out. This week both platforms are off again. Asked at the sparsely manned the ticket office and was informed that they were on for testing, and will not go live until January.

Re. the discussion of wildly varying charges, this has been the reason for the delay in their implementation. I was advised to swipe through any pink interchange readers to minimise the total fare.
Damn it! Call me flighty but I thought I'd just give the oyster reader at Harringay a chance - so hopped on a train today at Old Street. Did it work at this end? Did it ****!

So now looks like I'll pay whatever the maximum payment is for a journey that isn't swiped out.

Have emailed Oyster so here is hoping ...
Lucky you didn't get off at Hornsey where they had ticket inspectors and police 'backup'.
They'd have needed it, the mood I was in!
The following from a new post on Lynne Featherstone's blog:

The new CEO of First Capital Connect, Jim Morgan told me, "I am very optimistic that the Train Operating Companies will start accepting Oyster PAYG early in the New Year"
I tried to use the readers last week (10th) and was told that they would not be activated until 2nd January.
Thanks for the update Maria. Hope you didn't get smacked on the wrist!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service