Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

** EDIT: full details of this event are HERE! **

This follows up an earlier post in the gardening forum about having an open gardens day in Harringay, something that quite a few people were interested in. I've had a look at various dates and am nominating Sunday July 1st for the day - I hope as many of you who expressed interest can make that (and of course anyone else who is interested!).

Please post here if you'd like to take part in this and I'll compile a list.

It's worth saying that I'm hoping this will appeal to a range of people. For some it might be that they are really keen gardeners and have a lovely garden that they want to show people and are happy to talk about. For others it will simply be about finding out what can be done with a similar space/soil/aspect to their own garden and/or showing their garden to other gardeners to get some ideas. So please don't feel that you can't join in just because you aren't an experienced gardener.

In terms of how I think it could work, my initial thoughts are:

• I'll compile a list of participating gardens and we'll have an approx time slot for each. (Otherwise I can't see a way of people being able both to host a visit and have a look at a few other gardens!). If you can only manage a particular time then please do say when you post below.
  • If you do want your garden to take part it would be helpful to know a little bit about what your garden is like. I'll then include that in the list as I'm sure people won't have time to visit every garden (so might need to choose). I'll kick off with my own garden below to give you an idea of what I've got in mind.
  • A few of the people who have expressed interest are outside of Harringay. I don't think that is a problem but it might of course limit how many people can visit them.
  • If you've got any seedlings or plants going spare then that would be great!

Over to you!

Tags for Forum Posts: gardens, harringay, open

Views: 699

Replies to This Discussion

Look forward to meeting everyone and seeing their gardens

Deborah

Thanks Alison for organising the garden day yesterday. It was great to meet people and visit peoples gardens (and the odd kitchen) to get ideas and see what people are doing all over Harringay.

Defiantly stick our garden on next year (after I have built it!).

Cheers, 

Matt

Thanks to Alison for organising such a lovely day (weather and all!). It was so interesting and inspiring to see people's gardens, especially to see what can be achieved in a small space without a lawn!  Very well organised route too - starting at Alison's garden plus cupcakes, lunchtime in Dick's huge garden, and finishing at mine with tea and cakes.  Definitely do it next year.  Thanks for letting me participate although I am outside Harringay.

I agree with everything that's been said. Really enjoyed it and was lovely to meet everyone and see what each one had created, was really impressed.

Look forward to hopefully being involved in another one.

Deborah

Thanks everyone. I've copied these replies over into this other thread about the day.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service