Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Got dreams you want to come true? Add your wish to Harringay Online's Xmas Wishing Well and spread a little happiness. You never know, we may just stir up the Harringay teacup with the Harringay magic wand and make sure the tea leaves fall right for YOU next year!

So, come along then..............I wish for................ (Your wishes may be about Harringay or just purely personal)

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow Anette, all of those are excellent wishes - hope at least a couple come true for you!

Now how to follow all those other great wishes...well, I've been giving it some thought and basically I think mine is pretty simple (even if it is a little cheesy!) - for HoL to go on growing from strength-to-strength and bringing an even larger Harringay community together. Before Nige and I were introduced to the site (through Hugh on Flickr) we felt like strangers in the area and didn't know any of the local residents, community activities, campaigns, shops, pubs, bars, restaurants etc that we now have the knowledge of...and all because of Hugh, Liz and other key HoL-er's commitment and dedication to helping create a strong, harmonious community for us all to live in. I thank you for making the area feel like a real home for us now and somewhere for us and I'm sure many more to lay real foundations for the future (rather than just living in a flat and feeling disconnected from neighbours and the local community which I've definitely experienced living in London in the past). 2009 is going to be another great year for HoL to grow connections both online as well as off...well, that's my wish anyway :-)
oh and one more wish...for drivers to be more considerate of others on the road, have more patience with one another and stop beeping their horns in the middle of the night (is it really necessary to keep blasting your car horn at 3am on Sunday morning - I think not!)
I think Alison will have more luck with world peace.
I want a law that says those who spit will have to lick it up.

You are very kinky Anette...
Great wishes - keep them coming.
You can get all that on Turnpike lane... even on the Harringay side of it.
......I wish that all the children in the Borough have a good Christmas and a better, more community orientated outdoor life in their future in Haringey....the Greenest Borough.....I also wish the same for the rest of us.....making Green Lanes one of the greenest roads in the Borough would be a good start.....I share joyful visions, of an ever green hanging basket on every lamp post and pollution absorbing plants in every spare patch of earth.....and spreading throughout the Borough from there.....(with lots of re- cycling opportunities for the fast food litter)......
I wish that any 'down turn' becomes an opportunity 'to decrease the excessive and increase the insufficient' and proves to be a good thing in the longer term....
I wish you all the best.....a big thank you to HoL for all the support and info...

.....but most of all.....I wish that Santas little elves would come over and rub my tired shoulders and achy feet, once they are done with the rubbing down of the London bricks, taking away the PVC windows, putting up the hanging baskets etc for the rest of the neighbourhood.....the more the merrier......now I think I'm just dreaming.....xx
I wish that the excellent resource - Faith Garden Centre - will be able to attract adequate funding and continue to serve a wide range of people of all ages and disability. Haringey Council emergency funding package runs out at the end of March 2009 and then the future is bleak and unknown

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service