Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Haringey Population by Religion in 2050 if World Trends Followed

An interesting report by the folk at Pew published this month gave forecasts for the growth and decline in religions across the world by 2050.

I wondered what that would mean for Haringey if our population was to follow similar trends. So I took 2011 census data and applied the percentage change shown in the Pew data. Here's what it would look like.

LinkThe Future of World Religions: Population Growth Projections, 2010-...

Views: 690

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

these figures might be more interesting with some context. Not sure what these 'world trends' are. Haringey has a quite high religious population but what is stated on a census form is often a poor indication. many people self identify as 'Christian' who never attend church services nor bring their children up in a Christian tradition. I also think that with the passing of time in a modern urban environment, religious identificatiom may fall away. Many people also 'identify' without necessarily having any religious affililiation. Many Jews for example, are agnostic or atheists but for historical and other reasons, self identify as Jewish.

To find out what the world trends are and to make it all more interesting for you, you'll need to read the Pew report that I linked at the end of my original post. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service