Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

SOMEONE may have thought they were helping Haringey Council by creating a Twitter account that is an attempt at parody of a noted Council critic, Tottenham's Mr. Martin Ball.

According to this article in the Tottenham & Wood Green Independent, the Council have denied that anyone within the Authority has set up the account and Mr. Ball has said whoever set it up should "get a life".

Mr. Ball is unaligned politically.

It's said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

All that "MoanyMartin_N17" has achieved is to direct more attention to the real Mr. Martin Ball, who tweets under the moniker, @martinballN17.

Under a more generous and enlightened administration, Mr. Ball will be presented with a letter of grateful thanks by the Local Authority for the amount of work he has done in and for the community.

CDC
Haringey Councillor
Liberal Democrat Party

Tags for Forum Posts: Martin Ball, Twitter, parody, spoof, troll

Views: 4070

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nobody is suggesting "complete risk avoidance", Michael. But don't you think that for new experiments some rigorously evaluated pilot projects might be a good idea?
Suggesting that I and other people are raising doubts and questions solely because we dislike certain politicians personalises issues of principle and is frankly insulting.
In any case, if you mean me and Cllr Goldberg, then I don't personally dislike the man.  He's affable and often quite funny. We just don't often agree politically. But if he comes up with a great winning idea I'd be happy to back it.
By the way, introducing Tottenham children to healthier food hasn't exactly had to await the arrival of "Hackney Overspill" (as they seen to call themselves). You think there are no primary schools which aren't already working successfully on this?

Michael, we agree. If you or I were responsible for committing £300,000 of public money on any project we would want to ensure there was a rigorous, informed independent evaluation.

I'd also suggest that if we were setting out to construct and test a major public health experiment we'd set the evaluation framework in advance with tools to collect and test data. And have the independent evaluation in place.

I don't think I've criticised anyone for spending public cash on Cllr Joe Goldberg's projects except Cllr Joe Goldberg and his councillor chums. They're politicians so they can and should be willing to take reasonable criticism for their policies and decisions.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service