Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Happy Saint Patricks Day to everyone on hol,

enjoy the day.

xx

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks and same to you, Melanie!

Curious Maddy that you wish someone a happy St Patrick's Day, yet refer slightingly to the " God Squad "

Wasn't St Patrick a member?

St Patrick was a Christian papering over of a pagan holiday. It's the proselytising most people mind. Not curious at all and no Guinness have snatched it back from the Christians.
A Sheáin Shaolta Mhic Mhaoláin, Beannacht Dé 's Mhuire, Phádhraig 's Bhríde 's Chuilm Chille agus na Sean Déithe págánacha go léir ort, agus go mbaine tu sult is pléisiúr as an Fhéile seo Phádhraig Mhic Aonghusa!

"St Patrick was a Christian papering over of a pagan holiday" - er, no it isn't.

"Guinness have snatched it back from the Christians." What does the "back" mean in this sentence?

Yes it was Paulie. When is the Spring Equinox?

I guess I was trying to be lighthearted about Guinness but my point was, it's not really observed in a religious sense.

Well, I was going to say "Jehovah's Witnesses" but then it occurred to me that maybe they weren't all from that particular group. I don't usually stop and chat to them, so I don't know.

It seems people on this site are always waiting to pounce with a snide comment on the 'correctness' of other people's posts.

I agree with you Maddy - you can't say even say something so lighthearted as this,  without someone with too much time on their hands making a negative comment......
Once it's down in print for everyone to see I don't think it's "lighthearted" anymore. Just my 2c.

I guess I wrote that this morning thinking "whaaaa, the Scottish lady is not taking me seriously". I'll take it back, unreservedly. Sorry Iona, I've probably had more light hearted fun on here than anyone.

I know you love 'light hearted' fun on here John!!! ;-)

It has seemed to me, over the years, that any reference on this site to religious belief is negative. I don't believe myself but respect the many who do.

I am sorry if my comment came across as snide - it wasn't meant to be.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service