Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Anyone recognise the group of young guys who always seem to be hanging outside the betting shop by the Tesco at Turnpike Lane Station? Are they the same group who were ASBOed off Duckett's Common? I've seen the same guys just hanging there about half a dozen times over the last few weeks. Definitely not there to have a flutter on the GGs...

Views: 5597

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To be honest harassing 12 year old school girls (posh or otherwise) is fairly high up on my list of anti-social behaviour (probably way higher than dealing drugs to consenting adults).  Don't want to comment on this particular group of young men because I've not seen them, and they may well have an unimpeachable track record on respecting women, but cat calling and street harassment are not acceptable and (speaking from far off but personal experience) are frankly terrifying, and depressingly all to common, when you are a tweenager in school uniform.

To the blokes on here who think it's fine for people (whatever their age) to hang around a station/main street trying to sell drugs to strangers, including kids, you're quite frankly pathetic. Your liberal views on this situation are not cool, they're not even intelligent.

I really don't think they were trying to sell her drugs I think they were trolling and we've taken the bait. Take it from a Bogan, upsetting a posh girl's parents by offering her marijuana was just hilarious and nearly everything else they could have said would have been much worse (as Betty said).

Take it from a Bogan, upsetting a posh girl's parents ...

John, your past dating antics are of no interest whatsoever

You think posh girls in NZ did anything other than turn around and walk away from me when they found out where I was from? I think the troll has got you.

You're contributing nothing of use to this thread John ... and you know it. You're obviously bored this afternoon and have nothing better to do.

See you Wednesday night.

In fact I can't wait for Wednesday night. That was a low blow. You always end up playing the man and not the ball when you're losing an argument.

Popular Australian joke:
Q. What do you call a well balanced New Zealander?
A. Chip on both shoulders.

Have you seen "The Blues Brothers"? Do you recall the scene in the fancy restaurant? John Belushi is outrageously rude to the posh family behind him: "How much for your women? The little girls? How much?" and we LAUGH! It's uncomfortable to think about but in this situation we are that posh family in that restaurant and those boys are, sometimes, John Belushi.

Ask Matt, he went to school with them.

Whether the alleged offer was serious or just drug dealer humour is immaterial. Some on here seem to think the approach was harmless and are trying to minimise it. But it's quite likely that a 12-year-old would not be as blase and cynical as the apologists and might have been very frightened: it's also quite normal for a parent to object to a child being encouraged to buy drugs.

If pot is " harmless " what happened to the brains of the potheads who are incapable of carrying out a simple mugging ?

I agree with matt and it is indeed worrying that those on here who think the incident was funny and trivial are mostly " blokes "

pot/harmless:  it's like drunkenness. One does not stay in that mental state once the pot wears off. Except that pot is a whole lot _less_ harmful than alcohol.

Don't take my word for it, read this: http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2010/11/drugs_cause_most_...   (work by a professor of NeuroPsychoPharmacology (brain drug science) @ imperial college, he's the leader in his field)

Quite right Betty and Matt. At the very least it's really not ideal to have open drug dealing on the high street. In practice it's actually very much worse than that.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service