Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Anyone recognise the group of young guys who always seem to be hanging outside the betting shop by the Tesco at Turnpike Lane Station? Are they the same group who were ASBOed off Duckett's Common? I've seen the same guys just hanging there about half a dozen times over the last few weeks. Definitely not there to have a flutter on the GGs...

Views: 5597

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mattb* What would you like to happen here ? Please explain in detail.

''I'd like some investigation into their behaviour and what they are up to'' With respect matt that isn't a very detailed answer. Have you given it any serious thought ? It doesn't seem like it.

Well I think that for £75,499 we could have had better value for money if it is. For instance we could have sent all nine of them on an eight month long outward bound course in Australia. For instance.

And? You don't think they're tough enough? You don't think that they would grab an opportunity like that with both hands?

I've seen drug dealing along this stretch of pavement several times. To be specific between Tesco and about 10 yards further along on the same side. For some reason it was particularly busy there during last summer. It amazes me how blatant/obvious it is. I don't think they are "just hanging there". If it's the people I'm thinking of, they are dealing drugs. I have also seen the police there, having a few words.

Agree with Abs. I've seen these kids, they are selling a bit of weed like kids are outside every corner shop and street corner. Walk on by. Find someone empowered to demonize.

Hear hear! 

Who is getting hurt by this? No-one. 

Complain to your MP and demand they sell it in proper shops, or at least limit their activities to Harringay market.

Are you saying there's something in that coffee & cake they're selling down there ... the decadence of middle class Harringay!

If there is, I haven't seen it. 

But I think it would make for a nicer neighbourhood if those kids were running a legal weed stall @ harringay market. Everybody wins.

The numbskulls in policy making just need to find their testicles to make this happen.

You would be in favour of Government-run brothels ?

I'm not a fan of the government running anything, but I'd be in favour of well regulated, government licensed market place for harm reduction reasons. That would mean things like health, working standards and immigration inspections & enforcement.

This is to protect the workers and customers from health issues and minimize the opportunity for trafficking and exploitation.   

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service