Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

See them at:

Harringay Ward Candidates
St Ann's Ward Candidates
Seven Sisters Ward Candidates

I'm told that pics and bios are on their way.

So that's full house except for LDs in Seven Sisters + any smaller parties or indepdendents. I know we have at least one independent in Harringay ward. Any others anyone knows of?

Tags for Forum Posts: 2010 local elections

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can understand Labour and the Lib Dems filling the ballot papers with the maximum number of candidates (three) and to some extent the Conservatives. Why on Earth are the Greens doing this? They could actually get someone on the council if they just put one good person in each ward.
Gosh! Do the Greens see us as Virgin Missionary Territory? They're about to risk sending us an all-female force of born-again Evangelists, like those young dapper dressed Mormons sent out from Salt Lake City to cut their teeth on some jungle clearing. I can just picture Rebecca's superiors up there in Muswell Hill's Fortismere Catchment Zone, as they fit her out in solar topi and safari suit, their map of Haringey's Terra Ignota spread before them, a vast wilderness of 'Here be Dragons'and 'Here be Cannibals who like their Greens Fresh'. "But mark well, dear Rebecca, high on this central kopje the kraal of the Great Chief Hew Hol. You must be received at his Court and initiated into his Hol. There is no other way into the hearts and minds of the Natives of this Ward. We are sending our Green Men farther to the eastern wards, but the Herringway Native is wilier and more entrenched in darkness. You women are our weapon."
I know we have at least one independent in Harringay ward.

Who?!
Hi folks,

I am one of the green party candidates for Harringay Ward and live on the ladder. It is right to point out that Harringay Ward is not a focus ward for the Greens for this local election as it is not a Ward where there has previously been a lot of Green Party activity. However having three names on the ballot paper is important for building both local, area and national profile. Those of us who live in the ward and have agreed to put our names on the ballot see these elections as a starting point from which to grow the Green Party profile in the Ward. Its helpful to know that people think that having one candidate would increase the possibility of election. Any further suggestions, other than live in the Ward (which we do) would be gratefully received.
This is not what WE need though. Ideally our council would actually have a Green party member or two do do a similar job to the one Jenny Jones does at the GLA, i.e. keep them honest about their Green nonsense and promises.

If there was just one of you running, it would concentrate people's minds and you might actually get in. I'm certainly not voting along party lines as I have in the past this time.

A huge problem for us around here is traffic which neither of the potential "winners" of our seats seem inclined to do anything about. It makes me wonder how serious you are about representing us.
Good grief guys, give them a chance. You're jumping straight down their throats. Perhaps having a clutch of Green candidates will be a good thing for us. From what I gather they'll have a real constituency here. Can I suggest we give them a chance and listen to what they have to say.
I would desperately LOVE to have a green candidate represent Harringay. They have less than 40 days to campaign, the Lib Dems and Labour have been campaigning here for months. I deserve to be represented by someone who is at the very least, serious about it.

How many of us this year would like to vote for a green candidate? If there are three of them and I don't intend to vote for all there, which one do I choose?
I can understand that John. It makes sense. Thanks for explaining. Wish you'd started off by expressing it that way.
Yes - and that's all I'd be looking for too. One able and interested Green candidate with her/his feet on the ground for more than a wet weekend - and less 'growing our profile' guff. We know how effective one or two Green Party members can be (in a council, metropolitan authority or national government coalition - see Dublin) - much more effective than any mythical 'Independents'.
I've spent my allowed 15 minutes editing this, Admin. Hope it's clear.
Hi me again - I will come back to this discussion but it will have to be after Easter as I am catching up on work and am only back in an internet zone on Monday and I want to make sure I answer the questions about concentrated campaigning in this ward fully.
We'll wait till then. Meanwhile if Rebecca and Karis want to join in, y'all may learn something to the Greens' advantage.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service