Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Had been to this Turkish bakery/patisserie near Harringay Green Lanes station a few times as a smaller alternative to Yasar Halim and it was OK. However, on my last visit was faced by a surly teenage (?) girl who was monosyllabic when I asked her about what was in the biscuits - 'nuts', 'plain' - and then charged £2 for six pretty tasteless pieces!  So it is back to Yasar Halim - they mightn't win many plaudits for gracious service either but at least provide better value for money.

Tags for Forum Posts: bakery, patisserie

Views: 425

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree I go there a fair bit - more for convenience than anything else - but the service is pretty appalling. 'Taciturn' is about right, no please, thank you or general charm. But on the whole I have to say that as handy as our grocery stores are in Harringay most of the staff could do with training in customer services!

Except for the girl in Hot Nuts (the branch opposite Harringay Green Lanes) who is very liberal with the free samples!

Great service at Gokyuzu the other night too.

Yes, strange that staff can afford to be so brusque when there is apparently so much competition but then again if a lot of the pastry shops snd groceries are like that there is not as much incentive to make an effort.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service