Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Police are investigating a shooting yards from Turnpike Lane station.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/hooded-gunman-pulls-out-pistol...

Shocking to think what could have happened to any on of those bullets. Let's hope the police actually start making arrests of those gang members selling drugs outside Turnpike Lane rather than just chasing them off.

Views: 2234

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are loads of escape routes from there in a car and even more on foot.

Where are you looking?

some radical change is needed and the state providing drugs at very cheap cost would seriously degrade the drugs market. The glamour needs to be taken away from drugs usage of all types before habits are formed. At the same time regardless of even the state giving drugs away for free, some people may still desire privacy and not being recorded as a user by the state. start with the objective and then build workable solutions. As for prisioners especially of serious crime I would support more radical methods of imprisionment. I believe the cost to keep a prisioner is extremely high more than the average salary. Partner with 3rd world countries, build prisons there, providing employment, ship them off shore where the cost to tax is considerably less. The prospects of being cut of from their networks apart from email or when family are prepared to pay for flights may be s big deterent more so than the jail time in the UK.

Send them to Australia! That's the solution.

Merely drawing attention to the fact that it had been tried before. I think Ian could read some history books rather than RDPD.

most things have been done before in one form or another. the skill is to build a better wheel, do it differently, and Australia was a one way trip, so it's not the same.

Why not just hang them - so much cheaper

Is that what you would like to see happen.

What do you think?

I would not have them hanged but what are you saying precisely. I don't want to make assumptions for you.

You've made plenty of assumptions in the past why stop now?  I'm just surprised you haven't seen the potential profit in filling the gap in the prison market - a "buy to let" prison where the inmates get charged rent....kerching

Australia was 7 years, it's just that most of them stayed. I recommend you read "The Great Shame" by Thomas Keneally:

In the 19th century the Irish population was halved. This masterly book traces the three causes of this depletion; first the famine, second the Irish diaspora and the emigrations to places such as America and Canada and thirdly the transportation of political activists to Australia. It is a quest for Keneally's Irish ancestors. Based on unique research among little-used sources, the characters and their stories come brilliantly to life; this is an important book in which the main political themes are fascinatingly explored. It also contains a remarkable collection of photographs and documents.

Are you sitting on the fench about hanging, or don't you want your many friends on line here to know the true you?  Your own words paint the picture, I don't make plenty of assumptions. So far I am not hearing you put forward any good arguments maybe still reeling from your contradictory views to local housing authorities, bad suggestions and your lack of basic facts given you work for the council.

I keep telling you to look a bit further but you still persist in looking small picture. The gap is already filled by private companies running prisons for profit paid for by your tax money in what they call government/private partnerships. If the government pulled out of this space altogether, then you would be blaming private companies for all the ills just like you are blaming private micro landlords. Here we go again...........

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service