Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I have been keeping an eye on tinterweb and the FOFP website but can find no information on what happened in Court yesterday with their legal challenge against the Wireless Festival.  Does anyone know what happened? 

Views: 2645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Friends have retreated to their echo chamber- I'm blocked on Twitter.

People who call for dialogue sometimes just want it on their terms!
23 people! Clive Carter constantly regurgitates the statement that hundreds support the aims of these so-called friends. 23 people took it upon themselves to waste tens of thousands in tax payers money because they don't like sharing. Haringey are closing children centres across the borough and the Council has to waste money defending frivolous cases.. How can Councillor Carter supports this?

I am a bit baffled by the joy displayed on this board at the news of Friends of FP's defeat in court.

Are you really that happy to have park access seriously reduced for several weeks and its grass razed off for months on end? Not to mention the accompanying mess at a time where local traffic is seriously increased...

Also, don't expect the council to do anything productive with the money they will make from it, as they are too busy selling off everything that is not nailed to the floor, so investing in the community or its parks is the last thing on their mind.

You're probably right that a middle ground needs to be found, but I still do not think this defeat is something to rejoice over. Giving Haringey council carte blanche to do what they want with the park means they'll probably try to rent it out every weekend, given half a chance...

And I would willingly join in the fight to prevent this.
Had this conversation before. The most of the park is fully opened during the festival. Last year, when I ran through the park during the set up and during the festival itself the park was full of families enjoying themselves. The grass down by the Seven Sisters end was described as being like the Serengeti after the festival but we (Try Tag Rugby players) were able to play on it and the grass, as you can see has grown back. As I understand it the money from the festival will go towards the upkeep of the parks across the Borough (please correct me if I am wrong and I will retract the statement) and in a time when councils all over the country are being hit by austerity cuts this is an important. When vital services like children centres are being closed across the Borough how can the money wasted on legal costs related to this dispute be justified. It is a few weeks in the year. And have you seen the mess that people leave behind in the park after a hot weekend?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service