Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The libraries have it. Anyone know where else in Haringey that has free wifi?

Tags for Forum Posts: libraries, wifi

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Gate, the pub opposite Alexandra Palace station, has free wifi. It's very quiet during the day as well, so it's a good place to get some work done if you feel like stepping out.
Ta
So does Bruce Castle ... not available everywhere because of those thick stone walls, but certainly near reception, in the old kitchen and in the courtyard. All welcome ...
Thanks Diana. I'll add that to the map.
Make hay whilst the internet shines guys, I suspect the Digital Economy Bill may have an effect on 'free' unmonitored WiFi access!
That's a good pick-up majurey. I found this article a few weeks ago.
on a separate but vaguely connected matter, does anyone know where the BT openzone signal is based? I now find that whenever I start my computer it defaults to BT openzone rather than my home wireless? Does this happen to anyone else?
I use mcdonalds regularly as it has a special little corner that has a few electrical sockets to plug in your charger as well. The download speed there is a lot quicker than in the Library - minutes rather than hours!
When purchasing a new laptop recently I was strongly advised by the sales assistant not to use public wifi in places like Mcdonalds and Starbucks as apparently there are some unsavoury types who use these places in particular to gain access to other peoples accounts ...the sales assistant said they were told to give customers this advice because of difficulties other customers had experienced. Being no computer whizz I have no idea if it's true, but it certainly put me off! ...Wouldn't imagine this type of thing is exclusive to Mcdonalds and Starbucks if this information is correct though
Katey, try Hospotshield.
Ahhh - thanks for that Hugh ...good to know I can go enjoy a Big Mac again in safety! :)
monkey nuts has it

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service