Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Apparently, there is a new free school called Eden opening in Haringey. Does anyone know anything about it? I couldn't find anything on the web.

Views: 3025

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, I don't think religion should have a place on our school's curriculum - other than maybe in history.

I know a few people were offered places at Tiverton, which is near Seven Sisters. I know nothing about it and hadn't even heard of it.

I would say trying to drive from Muswell Hill to seven sisters twice a day and once in rush hour would be a complete nightmare, and I don't think there's a direct bus. This year has proved that there just aren't enough reception places for everyone to go to a local school.

Will be the jewish primary school,as some one allready postet.That the will take any Children of other Faiths is ok.

If this is only to become public funding?But I think the should get funding  any way,as Christian Schools etc. 

The government has spent £124 million pounds this year setting up 24 tiny schools.  They don't have to follow the national curriculum, employ qualified teachers or pay the going rate for teachers who are qualified. It's state-funded amateur-hour with real live kids to practice on.

Why don't we all just open schools?  You can open them in old shops, banks and council buildings and this government just gives you money.  Free money and grade two listed buildings.  Eden's been given a large building in Tetherdown. This isn't new money either.  It comes out of other schools' pockets.

Anybody who's terrified of their children being contaminated by children from poorer families should ask to spend a day in their local school and keep an open mind.  They might be pleasantly surprised.  The free school model just encourages Balkanisation even further and it's just an experiment designed to encourage distrust of state education.

Julie Davies

(Vice chair of the Tottenham Labour Party)

Anyone considering home educating their little one(s)?

Why should I hide my ideology?  It's all there on my profile and I'm using my real name, as you appear to be. My kids went to Park View with children who didn't have their advantages and they, and others, did well.  Tottenham isn't some place you only live if you have nowhere else to go. Our schools are doing things to be proud of.  They attract the best teachers, when the leadership is right.

This year on the 5 GCSE indicator, including English and Maths, Gladesmore's 63% and Park View's 54% compare favourably with Hornsey's 58%, Woodside's 59% or Highgate Wood's 67% or even Alexandra Park's 70%.  I hear Haringey schools have done a lot better than Enfield schools. None of these schools would be pushing up their results at all if there were no qualified teachers in the school (or their feeder primaries) and there were no local authority to hold them to account.

I think you're saying that free schools give people the chance to get the state to pay for an exclusive (ie rather than inclusive) education, offering a private education on the tax payer.  In this case, we agree. And it stinks  

I wish all the little Billy Holes, assuming there are any, the very best, wherever you choose to educate them. I'm sure you will research it all very thoroughly and be very open minded.

Julie Davies

Never keen to enter into a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent.  Best of luck.

Julie Davies

How much parenting do you actually do, Billy Hole?  Does your time on HOl come out of your parenting time, your general home time with Mrs Hole, or do you do it all on works time? I worry about people who are on here all the time, especially when they have small kids. That's just the teacher in me coming out, I guess. Maybe there's an extended troll family taking care of princess Billy Hole and you have it all covered.  I really hope so.

Julie Davies

I'm sure Will and all other community minded parents on here thank you for your concern Julie. If you're so worried may I suggest a call to the excellent Haringey Social Services. On the other hand if you're just having a dig at parents of young children posting online I find it slightly offensive.

If the Schools in Haringey perform quit good(in east and in west)is this a result by rhe hard work from Teacher's and Govenors.And not politicans from the conservativ's and libaral or labour!Govenor's wo serve whit out payment!

Dear Mr.Hole,

please can you kindly explain what NUT stands for?

Yours Friedrich Ernst

Thanks and all the NUT Member Labour follower?

54% compares favourably with 70% ?

Maths 101 and Remedial English for you, my girl :-)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service