Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Apparently, there is a new free school called Eden opening in Haringey. Does anyone know anything about it? I couldn't find anything on the web.

Views: 3020

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't Adam and Eve it! (With apologies)

I think this is a Jewish primary in Muswell Hill

logo?!;

You'll be converting then Osbawn :0
They claim that up to 50% of places will be for non-Jewish children. Reception class recruiting now. Lets see what happens in reality.
A friend of a friend has their daughter starting there in Sept. They aren't Jewish, live on Fortis Green and couldn't get a place in any other primary schools nearby. Think Haringey offered them a school near Seven Sisters tube.

Pamish, would you care to explain your posting? 

"They claim that up to 50% of places will be for non-Jewish children...  Lets see what happens in reality."

Your phraseology contains an implication that appears to me to be rather distasteful.

Don't think the standard of the school was looked at, they just want a school nearby where their daughter can meet others kids that live in the same area.

They claim that up to 50% of places will be for non-Jewish children.

Ah thanks Pamish, that explains the half Star of David on the light bulb

"Areas with no choice apart from failing schools".

Exactly which areas are those, Mr Hoyle? And perhaps you would explain to members of HoL and to residents living around Seven Sisters what qualities, methods, facilities, teaching etc a free school would bring to the area and which would better meet the needs of local children and families?

Alan Stanton

(Labour councillor Tottenham Hale. Former Governor and at one time Chair of Governors Earlsmead Primary School.)

I wonder how many people (of any faith or none) would choose a school that has 17% of its curriculum dedicated to religious/cultural teaching? (As well as having unqualified teachers and no quality controls.)

I would like this country to go with the French method. Secular schools. Let religious/cultural identity be taught at home and in church/schul/temple/linden grove. But it's too late, too many of our politicians are afraid of the religious establishments. Watch the next attack coming up from the School of Dorries, for example. 

I think Ofsted has to controll this and other schools in the same way.And religion is a part of education,but not only one Faith,as it is on the school from my son.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service