Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Apparently, there is a new free school called Eden opening in Haringey. Does anyone know anything about it? I couldn't find anything on the web.

Views: 3036

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think I'll get together with a few others and start up a separatist feminist child-centred free school. And how cool to know that now I can get state funding to do so. Will get cracking on the curriculum now.
What would be on your curriculum Pam? Rm 101 at Portcullis House has been making enquiries. 
Basically, everything through a different set of filters from what they get now.
Maria Montessori was there before you Pam.

I'm not convinced at all by free schools. I'd rather the money was spent on helping the existing schools we have. Choice is a mirage - if the free schools are a huge success it just means that a 'lucky' few - chosen by whatever means - postcode (aka wealth) as we have now or some new criteria (that the free schools get to decide on) will attend them. I'd rather just focus on improving all our schools.

I also think we have far too many religious schools given the levels of religous belief in the country. It really annoys me that the nearest secondary school to me has the strapline 'education in a Christian community'. I just want education in the community, with no religious guff at all  - too much to ask? Would you like an athiest wing of your free school Pam?

I don't know enough about the education side of things but I certainly don't agree that Labour threw cash at the NHS and achieved nothing. Whether it was thrown in the right way, clearly debatable - but cash was certainly needed.

Seriously - I take your point Billy. But are you really saying that there are no effective ways of improving our education system between throw cash at everything and throw cash at a teeny weeny self-selected few?

Breathe easy Billy; AESE

And enjoy the ride....

Any nutter can open a school and educate your child.  And why not?

It might be better than sitting at home staring at your father's back as he argues with people he's never met on Harringay Online.

Julie Davies

(Vice chair of the Tottenham Labour Party)

You post all day, Billy Hole.  Don't think nobody's noticed.

Julie Davies

Oh Julie, you'd have a problem if he posted late in the evening too!

Looks very geared towards business, are you part of setting up the school?

No

Julie Davies

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service