Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A NAD C 520 CD player to give away. 

There is a small fault that can cause the CD to not play, but there is a quick trick to get the CD to play. You give the player a slight shake. (I think that the problem could be fixed but the cost of repair makes it not worth it.)

The specifications are here: http://nadelectronics.com/products/cd-players/C-520-cd-Player

Tags for Forum Posts: cdplayer, free, nad

Views: 233

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

It will be the laser, could try cleaning the lense, otherwise just replace the Laser module.
I buy Rega, they can repair any component, buying on Ebay, (second Hand,) old kit is the same as new just different case, looks plastic but is a solid aluminium case, The Rega 'Brio' is a solid compact integrated amp, the 'Planet' is its CD platform.
The good news is there made in Southend, I love that...why do I know this, I worked for a photographer, they love kit.

Thanks Matthew. The CD player works perfectly fine after a quick shake after the CD is first inserted. You can start and stop and skip and everything plays just fine. Then, when you swap in a new CD it sometimes needs another quick shake. 

I gave the lens a careful clean. No improvement. My "feeling" (although I know very little about electronics) is that the CD doesn't quite sit in place quite right when first inserted. Until the shake the laser mounting doesn't even rise up to try to read the CD (I watched what was happening with the case lid off).

Fault sorted. Thanks Matthew.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service