Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi,

Today I bought some fish from Northfield I believe that they're called. They were ringing everyone's bell on Allison and according to them they've been doing this for 6 years. I bought some off them, and he showed me a huge amount of money from people who had bought from him today. I'm a sucker for fish so I bought some too, but they're a bit expensive...

Anyway it was a bit odd that no one's ever mentioned them, nor have I seen them earlier, and according to him they're here selling door to door every 6 weeks.

Anyone know about them?

Thanks

Views: 5816

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fish stall on Wood Green High Road is pretty good.

Alan Gregg from Northumberland Fisheries just cold called at ours on Mattison. We've kinda ended up buying quite a bit of fish from him just now! It all looked pretty good and as far as I can tell the Halibut is Halibut, the Bass is Bass etc etc., (although I'm not an expert by any means).. Our freezer is now pretty rammed but being generally a little bit paranoid I thought I'd come on the forum to check out Alan's presence across the ladder. I will post with an update on our health once we get stuck into this catch.

I have just done the same.  Looks alright to me. How are the fish cooked?

You can't solicit business door to door in this manner legally still can you?

I've bought some really nice fish from Northumberland fisheries, the sea bass in particular was delicious. If they come down every few months and sell me some more of that I won't be complaining. I think I got around 6 or 7 packs for £50. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service