Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I attended the Scrutiny Committee meeting on the future of music events in Finsbury Park last night. One of the most important outcomes for local residents is the recommendation for the establishment of a Finsbury Park Strategy Group. Harringay's Cllr Gina Adamou suggested this as the way forward to ensure that residents have a voice on the future of events in our park.

Chair of Scrutiny Cllr Gideon Bull demanded that officers get the ball rolling on this by the end of the month.

I will post further updates when more information is available.

Emine Ibrahim

Labour Party Candidate (Harringay Ward)

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, finsbury park events, finsbury park stakeholder group

Views: 5462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So everybody within at least two miles of Finsbury Park is a stakeholder. I am oddly flattered.
 Why wasn't I invited ? Why am I not informed of the outcome of the discussions ?

" Strategy Group " was a more accurate description.  Check out Orwell on Newspeak.

I have read a lot of Orwell my favourite being Homage to Catalonia. If every resident was personally invited I think you will agree that it would be unmanageable

" A stakeholder is someone ........( who )........ has an interest and therefore affected by an issue."  In my terms I am a stakeholder but not yours.

This is a group of  some stakeholders selected by Cllr Bevan.

Yes you are and as I said but will repeat residents groups are included. I also said and repeat that now that I am on the group I will look at who those groups are to ensure all residents are covered.
Hi Phil

That is why I have said in two previous posts that now that I am on the group I will raise the issue of groups being included that have not been so far. In terms of residents views I have recieved emails as have the other 5 councillors as have officers which have been passed on.

But is there any guarantee that the residents' views will be acted on, or will the Council's hunger for income predominate ?

Did you used to be a school teacher, Phil?

Did you used to be a school teacher, Phil?

Hugh@8, while I'm considering whether there is any point in placing you in a month of Saturday detentions, could you please parse, dissect and apologise for whatever snidery lay behind that question to Phil?

May I add that I am fully behind all the questions that Phil, Clive and John D have been posing to Cllr Ibrahim? And no, Emine, that is not just because I didn't vote for you; rather with a view to wondering whether you are the sort of councillor I will ever be able to vote for. Your reactions to some recent questioning and your hints of snidery (well, I've just invented the term, so I might as well use it) suggest that you may have a slightly turbulent 1,373 councillor-days ahead of you. There'll be days like this - many of them. These are when you really earn your current allowance, and any further allowances you hope to pick up along the way.

OAE sometimes making mere statements of fact may appear as snidery or the name John D chose to use dependent on the perspective the reader chooses to look at it from from. I am very open to being challenged in the facts and if I am wrong will apologise. The facts remain open to your scrutiny. I really don't think that voters appreciate not being told the truth. Of course I am fiery and can defend myself - but I also don't think Harringay residents appreciate healthy debate descending in to name calling. For me it means my point has been made clear and some may choose to differ.

Remember Emina, I didn't call YOU a bitch: I said your reply to Clive was bitchy. There's a difference.

I suggest, John D, that you might want to look up "bitchy" and "bitchiness" in the OED. (Free with a Haringey library card.)

Okay Finnegan. See me after school. You haven't been doing your homework again, have you. 

I'm all for the questioning (and, for better or worse, I started this latest round of questioning). It's the hectoring I'm not a fan of. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service