Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I attended the Scrutiny Committee meeting on the future of music events in Finsbury Park last night. One of the most important outcomes for local residents is the recommendation for the establishment of a Finsbury Park Strategy Group. Harringay's Cllr Gina Adamou suggested this as the way forward to ensure that residents have a voice on the future of events in our park.

Chair of Scrutiny Cllr Gideon Bull demanded that officers get the ball rolling on this by the end of the month.

I will post further updates when more information is available.

Emine Ibrahim

Labour Party Candidate (Harringay Ward)

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, finsbury park events, finsbury park stakeholder group

Views: 5462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Emine, while you're online could you or James come back to one of my many emails that you've not replied to regarding the report into the Alroy Road crossing which was due in May (or better yet post it on HoL).
Thanks
Hi David

I believe I have replied to your email? I have just checked my sent box to ensure there was no glitch and on 11th July and informed you that I had raised the issue with Cllr McNamara and was assured that the situation with Alroy Rd was being taken very seriously. I said that myself James and Gina were really pushing for a solution due to safety issues and that I would update you on progress. You emailed me on 10th July and I replied on 11th. I will update you when there is further progress. However can I assure you that myself James and Gina are really pressing on this as it's one of our main priorities for the ward.

Hi David

I received a further update on this which I have sent to you. Your work on this is really helpful as it helps us a ward Cllrs make a strong case.

Emine

Cllr Gina Adamou suggested this as the way forward to ensure that residents have a voice on the future of events in our park.

So how does that work ?

We don't even know who are the members. Complete whitewash.

I have been continuing to chase this up. Here is the response I received (below)
I asked to be kept on the loop, as former Cllr for the ward as we had done a lot of work to get things to this point. I will continue to pressure the council to take the safety issue here seriously before, I fear, there is a bad accident.
"Dear Ms Alexandra

Thank you for your further email.

You are aware that the report has been sent to the Cabinet Member for his consideration; once this has been reviewed and we receive feedback, residents will be updated accordingly.

Best regards,

Danny Gayle
Engineering Projects Manager

Sustainable Transport
Haringey Council
River Park House, 225 High Road, London N22 8HQ

T. 020 8489 1696
danny.gayle@haringey.gov.uk"

Can't even get your name right.

I know, hopeless isn't it!

John in 1936, at our Charitable Trust on the hill, almost the reverse mistake was made (Alexander vs. Alexandra).

Elizabeth Cowell was arguably the first presenter on television and she would only have been human if she'd been nervous. I seem to remember reading somewhere, that one of the first broadcasts was postponed due to the sheer frightfulness of the new medium for the presenters.

In the clip below – featuring a test broadcast (August 1936?) to the big Radio Show in Olympia, west London – if you listen carefully, she can be heard making this tiny and forgivable mistake.

[I digress, but I will return to the main topic shortly]

Attachments:

At the last two London open days at AP that I visited, one of the associated organisations, I forget which, had flyers on their table advertising " Alexander Palace "

Hi Joe

Residents and friends of groups do have elections - its a question of getting involved. I think its a great way of getting involved locally. I think the friends of groups are a really important part of local community activism.

Ok Emina.

If I had wanted to pull teeth I would have trained as a dentist, but now some information is coming out.

I am surprised. given the level of concern about the events in Finsbury Park, that there has been only one meeting. I hope it was subsequent to the first concert.

Two questions:-

What is a stakeholder ?

How does a member of the public raise concerns with the Stakeholder Group  ( " residents have a voice on the future of events... " )

I listened yesterday to a R4 programme on Orwell's 1984, which included a description of democracy in North Korea. It sounded oddly familiar.

That's a surprising response John - surprised that you consider providing information on attendees and decision makers at previous meetings to be "pulling teeth". I consider that to be providing facts that have been omitted by previous posters. Lets agree to differ on that though.

A stakeholder is someone or a representative of a group which has an interest and therefore affected by an issue. The Friends of Finsbury Park are members of the group (which I believe Clive is a member of). You can also raise issues with your Cllrs. I will check which residents groups are also members and post on here. If I don't think everyone is covered I will ask for more to be included at the next meeting.

On the Orwellian and North Korean comparison - I am sorry to hear you feel that way but again I can assure you there is now a new group of Cllrs and moving forward we all will make sure that perceptions of lack of transparency are raised and addressed. I cannot speak for the previous 5 Cllrs all I can do is assure you that I will push for changes.

Regards

Emine

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service