Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi,

This morning I received from the Stroud Green Residents Association details of four music events which are planned in Finsbury Park for this summer. 

To summarise the four events planned (five if Wireless is also planned) are:

Rinse - Music festival - 10,000 attendees

On site -  Monday 22 May
Festival start  - Saturday 27 May
Festival end - Sunday 28 May
Off site - Friday 2 June

followed three days later by

Slammin TBC - Music festival - 12,000 attendees

On site - Monday 5 June
Festival start - Saturday 10 June
Festival end  - Sunday 11 June
Off site - Wednesday 14 June

and then probably Wireless at beginning of July - no details available

Mama - Music Festival - 20,000 attendees

On site - Tuesday 29 August
Festival start - Saturday 9 September
Festival end - Sunday 10 September
Off site - Friday 15 September

followed three days later by

Slammin (Hospitality in the Park & Tranzmission) - Music festival - 12,000

On site - Monday 18 September
Festival start-  Saturday 23 September
Festival end - Sunday 24 September
Off site - Friday 27 October (???????)

I am working on the assumption that Wireless will also take place but details of this are usually not given until February, the Wireless web site says that information is coming soon.

My initial reaction is that the number of events planned represents a considerable increase over the last two years when we just had Wireless and Slammin (in September).  If we presume that Wireless will take place at the beginning of July this means that this year there will be at least five music events planned instead of two previously.  On the assumption that Wireless will take place this will mean that large areas of the park will be out of bound to park users from Monday 22 May right through till about Monday 10 July, with probably only a week From Thursday 15 June till Thursday 22 June when there is no setting up or taking down going on.  We also have a similar situation in August/September when set up starts on Tuesday 29 August and the site isn’t cleared until Friday 29 September (the date of Friday 27 October - must be a mistake?).

Unfortunately the Council don’t consider comments from individuals if you have any best contact your local councillor.  But be quick as it looks as if the deadline is noon tomorrow - Friday 6th - that's the deadline for Stroud Green Residents Association.

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, finsbury park events

Views: 552

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Why do you assume everyone would be against it? I am 100% in favour of these events in the park.

Everyone is free to use the other side of the park along Endymion. It's untouched during events and its nicer anyway.

"Why do you assume everyone would be against it?"  Have you actually read what I wrote?  Where in my posting do I make any comment on the desirability or otherwise of these events.  The information I provided is purely factual, it summarises information provided by Haringey Council to Finsbury Park Stakeholder Groups, I then go on to highlight the increase in events compared with previous years and finish by advising how to make comments.  No assumptions made anywhere.

Very rare anyone on here talks about things happening in the park in a positive light. 

So you've done your sums and worked out how many more festivals there will be and let it be known that there's a deadline for comment. Thanks? 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service