Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hello. 

Did you all get the what’s on Finsbury Park booklet throigh

the door at the weekend ? 

I am confused ,

on the back page there was a diary of events for the coming year 

It stated above that agreed by residents (I have no memory of being asked ) it is allowed to have up to 5 large festival events with up to 30K attending  a year 

then goes on to tel us of several events of which at least 6/7 seem to be full on festivals going on this year ? 

I am not sure and wondered if anyone else has noticed the same ? 

This bothers me for many reasons as Finsbury Park is at the end ofour Road and not wanting

to be a total fun sponge massive events Like Wireless In my opinion really should be in a field in the middle of nowhere , the noise being the least of the problems , not being able to get out of

our Road or park and traffic, and having young kids, hearing the artists swearing over the mike all over the Haringay skies isn’t my favourite bit . 

It Seems the boundaries are being stretched more and more every year .

Are they going too far now ? 

What are other people’s thoughts on the amount it’s beomg used ? 

Thanks

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, finsbury park events

Views: 3693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I read it as saying that people who don't want to use Finsbury Park have other alternatives for recreation.

Ahh that would make more sense!

yeah it's more about the annual HOL cries about not being able to use the park when the reality is you can use a massive chunk of it when the festivals are on, and theres loads of other spaces nearby. we're pretty lucky to have so much choice.

Actually Paul it’s not , not using the Park is a problem for the wider community my problem is the noise , traffic, parking , which where we live is usually bad enough every weekend which we cope with and when it was only Wireless we didn’t say anything or complain because it was only one weekend. Now it’s months of it and I feel just in my complaint, you can all think we are complaining for the sake of it , but unless you live opposite the park you have no idea how bad it can be .

I've been for a run when gigs are on and I agree it would be a pretty full on thing to live across the road from. I dunno what the solution is. There is one side of the argument that we're in London, it's a bit city, Seven Sisters Road is mental all the time anyway. 

The other side says how much is too much? Do the Circus things bother you too?

The circus doesn’t affect us on the other side I guess it’s quieter and and more families and locals  walking there , I know people that come from Essex and all over to come to the festivals the point I keep trying to make that people don’t seem to get is that once a year or twice a year it wouldnt actually be that bad it’s the amount and the fact they increase yearly. Although I did just take my kids to Tennis in Finsbury Park and the guy running it said Haringay are paying for the tennis courts to be completely re surfaced this year , so it definitely makes it more bearable knowing the money is going back into the park as the park is wrecked after each year . Even Glastonbury takes a year off to recover each time they have a festival . I am so happy that our park has so much going on and so much to do for locals . My question actually was are there actually more festivals going ahead than the agreed 5 a year ? As it seems to be more like 7 ? But this quesrion has not really been answered .

Glastonbury does 4 years festival to one fallow year. Been that way for a long time.

I would contact the council if you wanted a definite answer. Quite often heresay and emotions lead the charge on here.

Tina, I think your question has been answered. It’s not definitive for the reasons I’ve already stated. But really it’s probably just arguing the toss as to whether such and such an event counts as one or two.

If you want less ambiguity it’s best to do as Paul says and write to the council  - either directly or via a freedom of information request. 

Tina please do an FOI request as  an excellent way of getting a proper, and more importantly, recorded response.  https://www.whatdotheyknow.com

POTUS that’s a great link thank you. Will have a go at that later , and thank you all for responses and trying to help .

We'll follow your FOI request with interest.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service