Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hello. 

Did you all get the what’s on Finsbury Park booklet throigh

the door at the weekend ? 

I am confused ,

on the back page there was a diary of events for the coming year 

It stated above that agreed by residents (I have no memory of being asked ) it is allowed to have up to 5 large festival events with up to 30K attending  a year 

then goes on to tel us of several events of which at least 6/7 seem to be full on festivals going on this year ? 

I am not sure and wondered if anyone else has noticed the same ? 

This bothers me for many reasons as Finsbury Park is at the end ofour Road and not wanting

to be a total fun sponge massive events Like Wireless In my opinion really should be in a field in the middle of nowhere , the noise being the least of the problems , not being able to get out of

our Road or park and traffic, and having young kids, hearing the artists swearing over the mike all over the Haringay skies isn’t my favourite bit . 

It Seems the boundaries are being stretched more and more every year .

Are they going too far now ? 

What are other people’s thoughts on the amount it’s beomg used ? 

Thanks

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, finsbury park events

Views: 3693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sometimes Pat you just need a rant , like when you can’t  park on your road you pay a fortune for a parking permit for , and you can’t pull out of your street , or when people wee in your front garden because they can’t be bothered to use a toilet , or when there are a billion of those little silver bullet laughing gas things all over the street and park , these are all facts , and we have to put up with them 

For several weekends all through the summer like I said if it was just one weekend it wouldn’t bother me , but it becomes stressful when it is so many . 

I live on the Gardens and not being able to park, or having to reverse the length of the street because someone won’t pull into a space  to let you pass or watching people have arguments because the street is too narrow for two way traffic happens every weekend with the influx of diners going to Green Lanes. Appreciate that having too many events is not good but saying that you are likely to be robbed or urinated on is a big leap. 

I’m not assuming or accusing it’s a fact. If yoU read on the wireless website so many people had awful experiences being  robbed in the Park last year @wireless which is sad and many many residents have their gardens used as toilets while it’s on someone even found a man asleep in their front garden last year. Even if they alternated and did it every other year it would be better .

It's hardly a rant Pat. although this might be... 

I totally appreciate that there are other areas that can be used, but over the summer this is not as feasible as you think.

here's a few facts I thought I'd add to my rant.  the baseball field is in use most weekends and often in the week, they cordon off the pitch rendering 90% unusable. the other area becomes full of people with barbecues. the hill is no good for much other than sitting on, and so all the people who used the seven sisters Rd side can't play their sports.

much of the park is water and bushes,  many of which house a significant amount of used condoms, human excrement  and hyperdemic needles. so I'd rather my boy not play in those if thats OK . 

when the concerts are on the interior road guts choked with traffic,  become very dangerous and kind of ruin the vibe. so my son can't cycle and skateboard safely, and yes we do use the skate park. 

The concerts issue reminds me of Brexit,  you're either in or out with very little scope for compromise. I think rather than slagging each other off we need to be a bit more understanding of each other. 

I for one think its a good idea that the park is funded by festivals but I do worry that each year it gets worse, I and the park is seen as a cash cow rather than a place where people can enjoy an open space. and the funds they make are not spent on jobs and keeping the park as clean and tidy as Clissold . The park has some incredible amenities as a result of the income but it is always terribly messy and drivers don't obey the speed limits. they need to start employing dedicated park keepers to ensure people clean up after them, drive safely and fine those who break the rules, and leave a mess and set light to the picnic tables. the I'm sure something like that would also generate income.

I hope you enjoy the festivals, my wife loves wireless. 

rant over.. 

I think that due to the amount of paying events that now take place in the park, with all their set-up, take-down, cleaning up afterwards and damage caused to the green areas for weeks + afterwards, it won't be long before some sort of permanent hard standing will be put in place on the festival site to save on the cost of repairs each time.

I hope not. That would be awful. 

You are right. Baseball is on all summer in that field , we avoid the park altogether when they are all on . Which is mad as it’s at the end of our road but after last year my kids actually wanted to leave . 

You avoid the park because of a baseball game? 

No DTW avoid the park when wireless is on .

i went to Finsbury Park to see a couple of gigs over the years and the sound is always terrible (too low) would not go back

Money which goes on helping the most vulnerable in society. Given the huge cuts from central government it’s either find a way of making money or let those at the bottom lose essential social services.

Is there a harringay online equivalent of Goodwins law? Surely it must be referencing chicken town.

Jane - that money was from central government on a use it or lose it basis. It nullifies your argument if that’s the best you have.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service