Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Sunshine & 18 degrees max today. Stalls: 116. More food. More live music. Two stages. Kids crafts. Open 12 noon - 6pm.

9 months in the planning.

The people making it happen and street scene 8am Sunday 18th Sept 2011 (click on images for detail if you want);

[ NOTE: Now other post festival chat & photos being added as well ]

Rob Chau; event organiser (Harringay Traders)

Shef Mehmet; event organiser (Harringay Traders)

Andy Newman; event organiser (Garden Residents Assoc or GRA)

Local police

Veolia cleaners

' V ' = volunteer (ie. no pay!) Some are council employees

Volunteers

Rob Chau's sister, helping out (with list of 116 stalls). Rob's wife and son were also helping out this morning.

Local resident (of 35 years!) Pemberton Rd

Looking North (outside Railway Fields)

Salisbury stage; programme of events

Old Ale Emporium stage; programme of events

There's a 'green' angle to this year's festival (as well as food and music). Hand prints from local school children. School choir singing Salisbury stage later.

Tags for Forum Posts: Festival, Harringay

Views: 4186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I loved it. Had family over visiting from Ireland and France and they were thrilled to be part of it. The kids enjoyed so much being able to run around GL without their shouty mother warning of the dangers. Also the Veolia chaps cleaned our Gardens street with their Hoover van things twice on Sunday, so much better than the old regime. 

Can I add my thanks to Matt for taking and posting photos of some of the most important people of the day - those who did the hard work behind the scenes to organise and run the event.

Having enjoyed the Festival I've also had fun seeing other people's photos. Hugh is inviting them to the Harringay Online Flickr group and I hope more people will add a few of their own.

We'll all have our favourites, but I want to highlight a set by Maja Kucova - posting as Belkus. Maja is a professional photographer and seeing her great portraits of people at the Festival made me wonder whether I shouldn't stick to dumped mattresses.

Excellent portraits, particularly at the end of the set. Thanks Alan.

And in the middle. Didn't you like these? (1) (2) (3) (4) - for example?

Favourite is this one. Like your first choice and this other shot (so quick with the eye/moment/click!) And how does she get the subject in focus like that, blurring everything else out, or is that post production?

My first thought was telephoto lens at wide aperture giving short depth of field, but Alan's #3

would show it's done in Photoshop or similar. Surely not Vaseline on the lens ? :-)

Don't actually like #3  - you're left with the question " What are they all looking at ? "

don't like photoshop! It's cheating. But we live in a digital world where just about everything in image/photography is about post production. But it's predictable and boring, much like CGI 'movies'. It won't last!
When I was into photography, back in the Middle Ages, you did that in the enlarger - called vignetting :-)
....like the motor car and the electric light
or income tax.

I've just found a clip of Shef Mehmet singing and dancing at the Salisbury stage..

And this video round-up of the 2009 festival, commissioned it seems by Rob of the Trader's Assoc is interesting to compare to 2011

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service