Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Sunshine & 18 degrees max today. Stalls: 116. More food. More live music. Two stages. Kids crafts. Open 12 noon - 6pm.

9 months in the planning.

The people making it happen and street scene 8am Sunday 18th Sept 2011 (click on images for detail if you want);

[ NOTE: Now other post festival chat & photos being added as well ]

Rob Chau; event organiser (Harringay Traders)

Shef Mehmet; event organiser (Harringay Traders)

Andy Newman; event organiser (Garden Residents Assoc or GRA)

Local police

Veolia cleaners

' V ' = volunteer (ie. no pay!) Some are council employees

Volunteers

Rob Chau's sister, helping out (with list of 116 stalls). Rob's wife and son were also helping out this morning.

Local resident (of 35 years!) Pemberton Rd

Looking North (outside Railway Fields)

Salisbury stage; programme of events

Old Ale Emporium stage; programme of events

There's a 'green' angle to this year's festival (as well as food and music). Hand prints from local school children. School choir singing Salisbury stage later.

Tags for Forum Posts: Festival, Harringay

Views: 4189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

pk, sheep racing may be about 130 years too late for Harringay Festival. Even in Roscommon, with all hospitals closed down, a patient-on-stretcher or trolley race to Galway's UCGH might be more imaginatively up-to-date than a sheep run.

paddy

very funny. shouldn't they go through the tyres

on Green Lanes they're eaten with fries

A point I would make is: that when comparing to my local festivals.. it looks as if the organisers didn't really have that much time 'on the street' beforehand to set everything up..Therefore it looks as if they did very well..

Perhaps there might be more local businesses willing to invest more into the festival if it were a 'weekend thing' rather than just a one day occasion.

I actually think two days traffic closure every two years isn't very much for the community to ask. Especially from those who cause noise and pollution by driving 'through' the area on a regular basis...

The Adventists' report - apparently their presence was through eight stalls and the Tottenham Gospel Choir appearance. They also write that David Lammy confessed his need for prayer.

And from such a small base too;

Good for them. Wondered why Lammy turned up at 5pm

Little did I suspect as I slurped that smoothie what I was really hungering and thirsting for. Little did David Lammy suspect that his casual little excuse before moving on meant he was confessing to anything. I'm sure there are things he would like to confess to, like his part in the Gambling Act's free passage.

Con and Ciaran, the gauntlet is thrown down. Next time the CWs must pitch for 24 stalls. Better still, campaign to have the Festival on a Saturday (they'll be otherwise engaged).

btw was that Backstage Blog a crypto-adventist effort?  And how many of the police, PCSOs, stewards, marshalls, other traders, camera people, councillors, GLSG front(wo)men and Mayor really missionaries in mufti?  I think we should be told.

A shame you didn't manage to snap any of the ontime parking inspectors who descended gleefully on the bottom of the ladder about 10am on Sunday morning.
John, can I again, please ask you - and anyone else who saw what seemed to be unfair or irregular practices - to email Ann Cunningham with the details of what you observed. Please copy-in the ward councillors and Nilgun Canver the "cabinet" councillor for the Environment.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service