Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The fishmongers between Burgoyne and Umfreville has closed and been replaced (presumably temporarily) by a man selling some watches and mobile phone covers. (Is there enough of a mark up on these products to make this profitable?!)

Pity the fish shop did not survive but although I was pleased with my purchases (live crabs, mackerel, squid etc) there, they did also stock some not very attractive, clearly past it specimens at times....

The staff were always polite but unable to answer any questions regarding the fish, including what species some of them were which did not promote a massive amount of confidence in it.

And all the signs were spelt wrong

But I still think a good fishmongers would thrive on Green Lanes if someone fancies opening one.

Anyone heard any rumours about what might replace it on a more permanent basis? Not a chicken shop or betting shop please....

Any recommendations for other good fish shops? I've been to the one in Stroud Green which is decent but a bit pricey...

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Could have been seafood...?!?
the Mauritian fish-mongers in Stroud Green is a bit pricey as you say but sells very good, very fresh fish and the people who run it are real experts. They run an excellent restaurant, also a bit pricey, but you gets what you pay for I believe. Crouch End of course offers the second branch of a very well-known fishmonger (whose name escapes me!!) from MUswell Hill and who are also a bit pricey but very good, and offer many fish-related products and are slap bang next door to many other good quality small shops, including a good grocery...

there are at least two other fish-shops that I'm aware of in Green Lanes Haringey, one at Finsbury Park and one a bit further south on the one way system coming up from Holloway Road. I can't vouch for what they offer either way except to say the one at Finsbury Park looks well-looked after at a glance...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service