Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

As a councillor I'm privileged to be asked to all sorts of events — free and not-so-free. So naturally I'm delighted with my invitation to the CIPFA 2012 Public Finance Conference. And at the councillors' discount rate of only 400 quid! Fantastic value.

And great to see recovery in the vital conference industry which is so important for rebalancing our economy. Most appropriately, CIPFA's conference theme in this Dark Age of Austerity is:  "Every man for himself and the Devil take the hindmost"  Survival of the Fittest

Anyone else noticed such truly heartening green shoots?

Tags for Forum Posts: CIPFA, Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, Survival of the Fittest, austerity, conference, devil take the hindmost

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I complained on Harringay Online about this before!!! Please don't assume that everyone knows what every set of initials stands for. (Well I've Googled it and it stands for the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.)

I expect I'm the only person on Harringay Online who did not know what that stands for - NOT.

Good on your picking up on this. Why should you have to Google? Just click the link he provided. His joke would have been just as good if he'd had to spell it out - NOT.

It's a networking event Alan, you should go. I presume it's expensible as it doesn't sound like there will be any bare-naked-ladies there. If you go to networking events you hopefully won't end up sitting by yourself in council meetings all the time and being in the group that always loses the vote.

I think you're being a bit mean denying Joe Anderson Haringey's contribution to his speakers fee.

How about the faux austerity of councils shelling-out £400 while making horrendous cuts?

But £400 is under the £500 limit for publishing expenses. Nobody will notice. Think of Joe and Liverpool!

Ah, but the Internet may mean that people notice attendance at even a far away conference. And they may comment.

That would be Claire, she's the one.

Nah, John. She just sits on the carousel, Pleased to be up there "going forward". Round and round and the painted ponies go up and down. Look Mummy no hands.

I wonder how many of those attending will be finding the cash from their own pockets? And how many of those who will or can, will continue to be able to accept such invitations in 12 months' time?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service