Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Still struggling with adding posts in the right place, so will try to do this here. Just to let you know of this very local meeting - if you have been moved/horrified/ by events in Gaza. 

Tags for Forum Posts: meeting

Views: 1242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the main issue here is that Israel can only act as it does with the support of Western powers especially the US. The West does not see itself as having a strategic interest in Syria, as it is an ally of Russia and Iran. But you raise a fair point. Perhaps you could initiate such a meeting?

For what it is worth, a personal comment. I started finding out about this issue in 2008. Because of my background, I chose Jewish sources: Jews For Justice for Palestinians, Jews Boycott Israeli Goods; I discovered Rabbi Brant Rosen, Miko Peled and the views of Israelis, Zochrot, Breaking The Silence etc. As I learnt more, I was shocked and angered at how one-sided reporting is and how in 65+ years I knew so little. So I continue my education and am now involved. But this issue has brought up issues of the press/BBC - but for another time!

There are exiles from Syria, Iraq and many other horrors living here in Harringay, it's easy to show your solarity with the most vulnerable by donating or getting involved with haringey migrant support centre  

Thanks Maggie - careless of me

This is a reasonably - balanced historical account. http://www.vox.com/2014/7/17/5902177/9-questions-about-the-israel-p...

Agrees with what I remember having lived through the period from 1947

Thank you for posting this. As for those who are unhappy about it being in a mosque, let them offer another suitable venue next time round if they are so bothered. Speaking as someone from a Christian background and a practising Unitarian I see no problem with it and on past occasions Jewish friends have had no issues about attending meetings in mosques or Islamic centres. To treat a Muslim place of worship as anathema is Islamophobic. For info on other local action on Gaza -   http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/news/haringey_joins_in_gaza_prote...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service