Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I'd like to see this go nationwide. I bet they could catch more than 80 a day in Haringey.
http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/5032265.Eighty_drivers_a_day_caugh...

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John i wonder why you have not mentioned the traffic probs related to st. John the baptist church across the road from the mosque ? ? ?
Sundays only and even then for no longer than 2 hours. It's like a football game, you learn to avoid it.
John Mc. you say with regard parking outside the church:
''Sundays only and even then for no longer than 2 hours. It's like a football game, you learn to avoid it.''
Your jist is that illegal parking outside a mosque differs from illegal parking outside a Greek Orthodox church. Please explain in detail (but first have a long think).
I have already said that parking outside the Mosque is NOT illegal. Go park there, you won't get a ticket.

Parking outside the Church on Sunday is not illegal.

Parking outside the Mosque causes more problems because of the times of day (evenings in winter are very dangerous) and the regularity.
Well indeed, James. There was a funeral today and the parked hearse and mourners' cars were causing problems. I have suggested to them that they open up their forecourt so that wedding cars and hearses can park off-road but nothing has been done.
If they employed atheists at parking enforcement...
(note to James of Jerusalem, John of Malta and Don John of Austria: do I detect a parking crusade warmin' up here?)
I'm with John Mc. here. More Atheist Parking enforcement !
I doubt it, well, not if this is anything to go by.
@John, is Science Daily suggesting a link between paranoia, polygyny and poor parking? Makes for an alliterative headline.
You can't control individuals and the mosque has given up since people won't listen. Its people's attitudes unfortunately they just don't care.

I would turn a blind eye if the person is old or disabled but most of the people I've seen parking there are young and in a hurry to get back to their daily lives, they have been confronted in the past but they just get aggressive.
Apparently there's something special going on there. Network Rail own the road from the bridge up to the station and the council are trying to say that they own the whole road (I think!). So for the moment it's the only free parking in Harringay. If the council start issuing tickets for infringements I'm sure they'd also be obliged to maintain it.

Good luck.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service