Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A 'Street Briefing' will be held by Chief Inspector Michael Loebenberg on Wednesday 9th April at 1900 about Ducketts Common where you will be able to receive further updates on what is happening in this area.

Views: 2010

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thinking something should be changed does nothing, if people obey all the time there is no reason to change anything because people are obeying.

Hi FPR, i think you make some interesting points but until the revolution comes :0) most of us are glad the police are finally trying to do something about this unpleasant group of dealers. As for John McMullan's tweet.....

'How do the community know they're drug dealers? I guess I'm just not cool enough to be offered drugs in the street.'

Everyone in London knows they're drug dealers, and so do you John, so why you're saying we might all be wrong is baffling.

"Obviously any promotions or advertising of any kind of drug, booze or form of gambling that any child could see, should never happen."

This happens in a fricken park FPR, and the main drug dealing spot is next to a basket ball court which is often full of kids and accross the road from a child's nursery.

Do you still want York paving stones for Green Lanes? Too much wacky tobacky I'd say...

Bringing the nursery into it is appalling. Those kids are not allowed out the front of that house.

Bull shit. They play football in the basket ball courts every week.

Oh I beg your pardon. My mistake.

Legalising drugs and the stupidity of some vices being legal and others not is a completely different argument.  For now it is illegal to deal drugs.  No pun intended but most people dont stop weeding their garden just because the weeds grow back.  You get drug dealing everywhere especially after the secondary schools close - Priory Park, Ducketts Common and outside the bookies to name a few.  Anyone with a sense of smell will know that and a lot of people want the police to do whatever they can to keep it down. 

With respect to the paving stones I guess people will spit and drop chewing gum and litter whatever the stones look like as long as they have so little engagement with their community. 

Someone suggested earlier that the police meeting was a waste of time, but look what happens with an online forum.  People become way more aggressive than they do face to face.

I took my son to the playground here today, mid afternoon. There were a couple of children there and about 15-20  teenagers, in three different groups in different parts of the playground. They were just hanging out - but it was a bit uncomfortable and we didn't stay long.

I don't visit it often enough to know if this is a particular problem, interested in other people's experiences.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service