Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A 'Street Briefing' will be held by Chief Inspector Michael Loebenberg on Wednesday 9th April at 1900 about Ducketts Common where you will be able to receive further updates on what is happening in this area.

Views: 2005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They're talking about it on Twitter presently:

18 people were arrested, either on the street or woken from their beds in the early hrs. 150 cops were involved - starting work at 3am!!

https://twitter.com/MPSHaringey/status/454202891889541120

This whole operation was born from the information provided by the community. Telling us that Ducketts/Turnpike had become awash w/ dealers.

https://twitter.com/MPSHaringey/status/454203262053658624

If you are committing a crime, why draw attention to yourselves? I don't get it. The "hey wanna buy some brown?" comments directed at children must have amused them but if they really were dealing how do they know that the girl's father is not a cop, or at least sits on the local ward policing panel.

No. That was them completely going out of their way to engage with the community. *cough*.

I'll say it again, the person running that @MPSHaringey account deserves a raise, funded by the money they pointlessly spend on PR. Glyn did more for the community's respect for policing than any of those young men racing around in five door hatchbacks too. I have to keep in mind that when I encounter a police officer they probably have a target to meet... joy.

I wonder how much the operation will cost with subsequent court fee's & prison costs etc and how much of which drugs were actually found ?

Probably enough money to pay for proper Angel Islington style york stone pavements all along green lanes instead of the ones they got that's for sure.

It was class A (crack, cocaine, etc) and class B drugs

How much of it ? If your turned out the pockets of any large pub on a Friday night would get stuff all over the table of almost everything. The operation will cost the tax payer somewhere around 100k up I would imagine. How much drugs is the local tax payer taking off the table for that amount of money ?

I dont know.  Sounded as if they got more than small fry and that would be great but the small fry is hanging around in our parks and streets so I am happy for them to get picked up as well. Shame you didnt make it to the briefing - you have some good questions :)

How much does it cost to maintain law and order overall FPR ?

Are you happy to let criminality have free rein ?

Do you think it's too much trouble to charge the driver who hit Gerry Platt ?

If you are murdered would you happy to let it pass without your death being  investigated ?

'How much does it cost to maintain law and order overall FPR ?'

A) a heck of a lot.

'Are you happy to let criminality have free rein ?

B) to choke criminality you take away it's economy not give it one, prohibition created and grew this economy

'If you are murdered would you happy to let it pass without your death being left uninvestigated ?'

C) no, obviously not, weird question no ?

Not a weird question at all. Just wondering where you draw the line in condoning lawbreaking.

Laws aren't absolutes, something being illegal does not make it necessarily wrong - see, for example, the marital rape laws or laws about homosexuality. I'm sure anyone sensible would see that these precedents were wrong and it is a good thing that they were changed.

Prohibition objectively causes harm - to both society and users - and we can see this when we look back at the alcohol prohibition in the States.

Maybe this would be of interest to you? http://profdavidnutt.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/hypothesising-an-alte...

Great link.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service