Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Has anyone else seen any evidence of this? I've seen it in the passage before & I think I've read on here of others seeing similar but now I'm talking about on the actual street.

About 9.30pm a man rang our buzzer looking for another guy. I told him he had the wrong door but to try a couple of houses down as I know a lot of people live in there.  I looked out of the window & the guy was met by someone coming out of the house I suggested & there bold as brass passed over some money & the other guy slipped him something & off he went on his way.

Recently I've noticed more traffic coming and going from that house with guys often outside which is a bit intimidating esp when I'm with the kids.  

I'm not really sure what if anything I'm supposed to do. 

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You may have a dealer living nearby but I'm not aware of it being a particular issue here any more than Crouch End or other parts of London.

I live on Mattison Road and have reported that i saw what looked like drug dealing taking place, I reported it to the safer neighbourhood team who said they knew of the guys and said they would monitor the situation. police were called later and the guys questioned. There is definitely something suspicious taking place and its very intimidating when gangs of men hang out on the streets, my wife is particularly concerned.

I am going to contact the local councillor to see if that may help. 

Do let me know, I think the more people who raise this issue the more seriously the council/police will take it

In addition to contacting the SNT I have also contacted the council's Community Safety team to see what additional support they can give the police in this matter.

Please let me have any further details on this that I can pass on.  You can contact me on:

karen.alexander.haringeylibdems@gmail.com

I will of course keep you updated with any more information I receive.

Karen Alexander

Liberal Democrat Member for Harringay Ward

Jono? :o)
I have had a response from the Community Safety team at Haringey Council who say that as this is criminal behaviour it is the responsibility of the police in the first instance. However, as this men are frightening and potentially intimidating local residents they have powers for their ASBAT team to investigate although this is likely to be in conjunction with the police. To move forward on this they need some more identifying details of these men.

If these men can be identified by the residents, they can report this for investigation to the ASBAT by telephoning 020 8489 1000, Monday - Fridays 8am-6pm.,or alternatively, directly to their Safer Neighbourhood Team.

Cllr Karen Alexander

Thank you for help, I have repeatedly reported this to PCSO Ali of the Safer Neighbourhood Team. One particular resident has been twice arrested for failing to appear in court. PCSO Ali said he is more of an irritant than a threat although to the elderley residents I suggest that might not be the case. Recently, maybe due to the bad weather the incidents of gangs of men hanging around has calmed down. The property is to be visited by the HMO team next week, according to the case officer in charge, antisocial behaviour doesn't mean anything when relicencing an HMO, is this true? If so it leaves residents powerless. I can take solace in your efforts and can inform the older neighbours that something is being done, thanks for your help.

The person who issued the search warrant was not doing their job.

It is the brazenness of the behaviour that is so intimidating.  It is as though they don't bother to try and hide what they're doing because they think that the likes of you and I would rather turn a blind eye than confront them or make it be known you've seen what's going on.  Drugs are everywhere, from Mayfair to Macclesfiled and everywhere in between.  What is intimidating is the fact that they believe no-one cares what they're doing, or worse, believe they're unlikely to get prosecuted even if they are caught.  I walked past a group of four black teenagers sharing a spliff in the passage at 10.30am walking my son to nursery and they didn't even try to hide what they were doing.  As I walked past, I commented that smoking in the street wasn't very "subtle" and that only an idiot would, and they actually apologised!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service