Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I wonder if this could mean the end of that craze to be a d***head with a pitbull?

Somehow I doubt it.

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Both funny an intriguing. Anyone up for a focus group?

Microchipping is only as useful as the info on the database, which as this report says, is 40% out of date.  The little cat I brought in and eventually re-homed last year was chipped but it took five weeks to track down the new owners who had not updated their form - it had told me she was from Bolton, 200 miles away - she had come here on a narrowboat not Disney-style.  It's probably easy to put made-up data onto the form, so it won't stop those with evil intention from creating a dog-weapon.  But good policy in principle, long overdue. If the database owners could contact the registered holder, say annually, to check info, that would help.

Unfortunately it won't change much reading status dogs. Who will approach a young roughshod looking guy and scan his dog on the street to see if it is microchipped. I wish this law changes things but unlikely it will be so. Most pet owners microchip their animals for purpose if lost easier to locate the owners. Maybe in time things can change for better.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service