Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

HearFromYourMP is a relatively new site which allows constituents to sign up to get emails from your MP about local issues. When your MP writes to you and other constituents, you get the chance to discuss what has been said in a simple online forum.

Some MPs have embraced this website and others have not engaged with it at all. Here is a league table of which MPs have been contacted the most, and it also lists the number of times each MP has written back to their constituents.

Tags for Forum Posts: HearFromYourMP, MP

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure what the league table says though. What we like is real engagement through sites like this rather than the easy out of yet another My Society website.

Apparently, next month My Society will be combining two of their concepts and launching their 101st new site, to be called Fix My MP.
we are very lucky (and perhaps almost unique) to have HOL to engage with decision-makers. The league table possibly tells you which constituencies are most online savvy, it might also show which MPs want to engage in this type of communication with their constituents.
I think Hugh, Birdy & yourself Adam could start thinking about how we will use HOL as a debating medium between the two Davids for the next election. Both Mr Lammy & Mr Schmitz live only a few doors from each other on Falkland Rd, a unique chance for HOL and Harringay ward to play its part in the up and coming debates.

1. Live online debates with questions to the Davids from HOL members?
2. HOL TV beamed in from NHP or the Salisbury !? (or maybe tried & tested St Peter's Hall)
3. other thoughts

Paxman will be jealous. Actually bring Paxman to 'Harringay Online studio' to chair the debate (marginal seat).
i do think HOL should organise a traditional hustings for the next election in 2010. perhaps we could use North Harringay as our venue?
Great idea, not sure if I'd call it a marginal seat though, Lammy had 18,000 votes vs 6000 LD last time.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service