Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Citizen Empowerment non-profit My Society given Harringay's MP a low ranking alongside other MPs when looking at how responsive he is to his constituents.

My Society's WriteToThem service facilitates communication between UK residents and their MPs. In  2013, it sent 96,396 messages to MPs. In a survey asking service users how responsive their MP was, people were asked whether they had recieved had a reply (not just an acknowledgement) from their representative. 58,558 people answered.

David Lammy was ranked 574th out of 653 MPs and his responsiveness was rated as "low".

My society say that people were surveyed initially after 2 weeks, and if they didn't answer, were surveyed again after 3 weeks. "Because of this, and because of the way different people interpret the survey, you should interpret the figures with caution", they warn.

So, is this a fair cop or is Mr Lammy the victim of a flawed data gathering process?

See the full table of results on writetothem.com.

You can also see our MP's voting record on theyworkforyou.com which makes surprisingly interesting reading.

Views: 792

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm glad to see a balance of views in response to this post. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service