Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A few weeks back whilst strolling up to Sainsbury's on Stroud Green Rd I was pretty shocked to see they had a large photo of my patio garden on full display up in their window. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, my house is available to rent... immediately! Surprising that, considering I've never been in touch with David Andrew and have no inclination of moving. I then looked on their website to find they had incorrect specs of my house and outdated photographs of each of the property. I called pretending to be interested in renting the place and surprise, surprise was told it had just been rented but they had another garden property just like it! I called back the following day and made a complaint to which they responded it was just their way of drawing in future landlords.

Slimy tactics like these is what gives Estate Agents a bad rap.  Shame on you!

Tags for Forum Posts: estate agent review, estate agents

Views: 2586

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Clive: I think if someone does Google David Andrew Estate Agents then this thread might come up about David Andrew Estate Agents, which can only serve as a warning to potential clients of David Andrew Estate Agents not to use David Andrew Estate Agents. They will see that David Andrew Estate Agents use very dubious tactics, and will hopefully be persuaded to not do any kind of business with David Andrew Estate Agents. One will hope.

It must be due to this year of discontent worldwide..

Methinks you were ALL previously slaves to the whims of the Estate Agents..

Amazing what a lousy economy can do..

you were ALL previously slaves

In the boom times of long ago, I bought a little flat through a certain (then) well known estate agent in Ferme Park Road (those of a certain age may recognize the case). I had no complaint, although I thought they made their commission terribly easily.

Later they folded: I believe one of their principals tricked an old lady into selling her house at well below market value and the buyer was a party related to the agent. I think one or two (including a solicitor) served custodial sentences over that.

But that is not typical of estate agents. They are not all liars, cheats or fraudsters. I even have a friend, a former nurse, who is an estate agent.

But that is not typical of estate agents. I even have a friend, a former nurse, who is an estate agent. They are not all liars, cheats or fraudsters.

No, they are not all those things.. but on the other hand, Pimps are often good company too..

Pimps are often good company

Stephen, I defer to your experience.

Meanwhile, since these kinds of tactics are motivated by only one thing – to boost income – the response should be to avoid placing business with estate agents who use underhand or dishonest tactics.

I'm sure many of us have estate agents among our very best friends. And can attest that they spend their free time distributing alms to the deserving poor, locating lost kittens, and performing miracles to heal the sick.

And aren't we forgetting the simple fact that they are private money-making businesses? Which means - as Mrs Thatcher, Mr Blair and Mr Cameron have carefully explained - they are among the wealth creators of our society. Unlike, for example, people who stay home and look after family members. Or - even worse - impose a cost and a burden on the taxpayer by expecting to be paid for working in public services such as health and education.

How comfortable it must be not to think. Instead adopting lazy stereotypes about people in a particular job. Or coming from a particular country. Or having some distinguishing physical feature etc. etc

We're talking of Estate Agents in November!  Is there a school summer fair next week?

Mr OAE, once again I find myself grinning at your mischievous ways :) Very good

You've made it to Google Page 3 via the Stroud Green site link, but not yet this one. I gave up by p 6, it will be there somewhere. There's a lot of these D Andrews about.

Pam: try this more targeted search in Google (include all quote marks etc):

"David Andrew Estate Agents" +"slimy tactics"

We're #1, although I note it says

hjuk at harringayonline.com hjuk at harringayonline.com shared this

Has the ranking been artificially boosted?

That would be a sneaky, underhand thing to do, wouldn't it?

;-)

I'd say that's something David Andrew Estate Agents might resort to to boost David Andrew Estate Agents business!

Could we possibly do the same for Paul Simon Lettings?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service