Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

From the You Couldn't Make it Up  department; spotted this lunchtime ...

Looking west down Stapleton Hall Road

Looking south down Oakfield Road

Tags for Forum Posts: Road, anti-clockwise, arrows, circles, clockwise, collision, course, spin, works

Views: 1166

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bonjour TBD.

Apparently, there was no substance in the rumour that attached roads would be adjusted to match. I do think the council have a roundabout way of achieving city-wide and national publicity.

I can confirm that the Council have done a U-turn and overturned their new roundabout policy (before a car overturned).

The Clockwise Arrows Team have got the arrow heads at the right ends now. They  passed Arrowhead Direction 101 with flying colours.

I only just scrapped through School Certificate French (in fact, in Waikanae you met the first person to try to teach me). I appreciate your keeping your French phrases simple pour moi; la campagne va bien, merci, mais je suis fatigué.

Please mark Google Translate's effort: Mais sur les 24 heures du jour du scrutin, tous les candidats sont susceptibles de s'effondrer ...

Alain a un bon sens de l'humour, mais maintenant, il choisit de le cacher!

Alan has a great sense of humour and I sense that he is frustrated with the woeful level I've been able to achieve so far. I suspect the good Councillor has generated a private cache of masterly roundabout jokes, but feels unable to deploy them, due to a residual sense of (misplaced) loyalty.

Malheureusement!

What I like most about your humour, Clive, is the way you retell the same joke in forty different ways. Each new version with the same light, delicate touch. Masterly!

Et bonjour Alain!

I was slightly surprised and disappointed that your great and superior sense of humour wasn't applied here. I'm sure you can do better than me, go on, have a go, you know you want to!

If you're looking for more humour from the situation than I'm capable of, do check out some of the H&H Broadway's quotes ... apparently the subject was popular on Twitter.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service