Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Congestion charge - got a £180 fine - no other warning - I was not the driver of my car that day?

Apparently this happened on July 16th - a family member borrowed my car and must have unwittingly driven into the zone. First I know is 2 days ago when I get a £180 fine - nothing else... must I pay? Advice please someone...

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As far as I know you're liable as the keeper of your car; there's no getting out of it - but I'd certainly be asking my unwitting family member to stump up the cost.
Yes I know I'm liable as car owner - and will certainly be letting family member know, but it seems unfair that I pay £180 when if I had been notified earlier I could have paid £60(within 28 days) and they probably won't believe me(that I didn't get anything else) or how could I prove it that this is the first notification?
Postal strike hit you?
When did that start - PCN for July 16th......?
Just wanted to know if anyone ot there had had something similar happen and what they did about it... or am I to be a pioneer?
SB. You may plead 'mitigating circumstances'.
Simply telephone the department, tell them what happened that you did not recieve any warning only the £180 fine. They will make notes and forward your plea to the department concerned. Someone will make a decision (usually by post) and probably bring the fine back to £60 if you promise to pay soon. If they don't sypathise you can appeal.
Make sure you record everyones name that you speak to and the time/day/date you spoke/emailed. Any probs give me a call.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service