Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

According to the Haringey Independent, "Councillor David Browne, a former Haringey mayor, gave evidence in defence of Canver during the four-day trial at Wood Green Crown Court.

Speaking after the verdict, he said: 'I’m very disappointed with the outcome but I can’t say much because Nilgun will be appealing the verdict.' "

also Labour Party to review suspension of Cllr Nilgun Canver following c...  Cllr Egan [chief whip] said: “Following the completion of the court proceedings, Cllr Canver's administrative suspension from the Labour Party is now under review. This is a matter for the Labour Party nationally to consider."

Tags for Forum Posts: appeal, canver, suspension

Views: 1743

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Claire Kober seems to agree that a councillor is expected to adhere to a standard higher than the ordinary citizen -

" Council leader Councillor Claire Kober said last night: “I am very disappointed by Charles and his actions. His conduct fell well below the standards expected of any councillor but he has particularly failed to meet the high expectations that the Labour Party places on its members who hold elected office.”

John, I'd be happy if all ordinary councillors were to adhere to a standard higher than those of their extraordinary Leader.

I am talking about the criminal justice system, not "mere" fraud.

I could have sworn that I saw it on TV with a blindfold on... gulp. Anyway, I thought justice was supposed to be blind. Is that wrong too?

Is blindfolded Lady Justice a myth then?  Apparently not. (Despite the present statue on the Old Bailey.)

"Since the 15th century, Lady Justice has often been depicted wearing a blindfold. The blindfold represents objectivity, in that justice is or should be meted out objectively, without fear or favour, regardless of identity, money, power, or weakness." 

Sometimes with, sometimes without. Some feel that a blindfolded Justicia is a tautology since she is female and therefore ( ahem ) unbiased

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service