Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Out walking today I noticed a few local changes -

Poppins, the cafe that took over from Borboni opposite the park seems to have closed. Not a good spot, that - not enough passing trade I fear.

The Arena carpark has been re-jigged so that you can drive in from Homebase end to the bit by Argos, as well as in and out of the other end. Whether this will save any jams is debatable.

The computer shop behind the bus stop on the Barclay's Bank parade has closed and been stripped, presumably for the expansion of Dyirbakar restaurant. The guys who ran it were really lovely and I'd like to know where they've moved to, and wish them well. Any ideas?

Views: 335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That spot does seem to be doomed! I remember the naysayers talking about how it would 'never happen' for Borboni - shame they turned out to be right :( Tbh I haven't really been aware of what became of it after that. Hadn't even heard of Poppins!

Weirdly, my partner and I actually find it a really useful spot to drop into, usually en route to the Arena Park Sainsbury's or Homebase when we invariably need something strong and caffeinated. It was ideally placed for us, so I don't know why it's deemed to be SUCH a bad spot by everyone else. Perhaps it should re-open as a take-away only operation doing amazing coffee?

I heard from the lady who works in the corner shop that both Poppins and the cafe further down (forget its name) are both owned by the same people and are also both now permanently closed.

Re: the computer shop - no idea if it's the same people but a computer shop/internet cafe has opened next to the Poppins cafe within the last month or so.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service