Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi,

Does anyone know of a hand car wash and car valeting service nearby? I would like them to do a decent job vacuuming, washing windows inside and out, and washing the outside of the car, but I don't want to break the bank either, as my car's not very new or flashy ¦¬].

Alternatively, I am happy to use a DIY vacuuming and washing service. Just need to know where to find it.

Many thanks in advance.

- Vlad

Tags for Forum Posts: car wash

Views: 3581

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

When I was 12 years old I worked for a panel beater in the school holidays. He paid me $3.12 an hour (about £1.50) to sand down the cars before bogging and spray painting with wet and dry sandpaper. In winter (yes, like this) the first bucket of water was a treat, we got the left over warm water from their kettle.
If that were now in LBH, John, how much of my Child Protection contribution would they allot to take you into Care, pay your Social Worker, prosecute your obviously unfit parents, set up a Scrutiny Panel and prosecute your social worker when you give her and the Care Home the slip to return to your recidivist sanding and panel beating?
It's sometimes crossed my mind that if at least a couple of the women (Polish?) at the Big Yellow car wash were to dress in a manner that made the most of their attributes, they might increase sales. I would not expect them to be attired in bikinis on a day like today, though.

This marketing concept is already demonstrated in Russia (probably not operating in this manner during winter). NB this example link is unsuitable for the prudish or those on statins, ACE inhibitors, beta blockers, amiodarone, digoxin, warfarin, etc.)
You are joking aren't you Clive? Why on earth have you posted this, and this link? Do you really think it is appropriate for a discussion about car washes? Or anything on this site, come to that?
We look forward to seeing you out in your thong, Clive.

Prat.
Will, I'm sure Lumi is an august institution, not least for the bikini service, but I suspect you meant that this featured in the month of August, the same month in which the Moscow facility was pictured. The Russian prices seemed pretty steep. On this first day of snow in London I wouldn't expect anyone to be going outdoors other than properly dressed.
I'm not comfortable with the nature of these postings either and I think the link is the sort of thing a 14-year-old boy would put on Facebook...
Clive, I've been on beta blockers etc for a while. As HOL is intended to be an inclusive and non-discriminatory site which I'd like to explore to the full, would you consider removing this Moscow facility which, purely in the interests of my heart, I cannot risk visiting?
What do the admin think about this link?
Which link ?

I was a bit concerned about the dog wash because the animal seemed a bit distressed at being put in the glass box. But it seemed happy enough getting blow dried.
Re animal distress: I took my 90 year old father with me through a mechanical car wash a few years ago and he was quite startled, almost frightened, when the brushes first contacted the body work. I thought today was another day unsuitable, on the whole, for bikini hand-washes.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service