Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Sounds like things have gone wrong with the traffic at Sainsbury's again. Tweets today:

Sainsburys harringay
, anyone else had problems in  car park. We were stuck for 1hour. The Manager refused to do anything, too busy.
 discussing service at Harringay 2day! Vicky the Manager needs to be sacked. Will not be wasting my money with you anymore!
 the manager refused to help & threatened to sack the carpark guys if they left  carpark! Running feud with HBase

Anyone else affected?

Tags for Forum Posts: sainsbury's

Views: 2210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good question; by law they must have a Fire Risk Assessment; here's my guess:

half the staff evacuate the shop, the other half become traffic wardens getting all the cars up onto the pavement so that the fire engines can get in.

The future:

Nice. I'd put my shopping in one, but not my children.
I was just driving up Green lanes behind someone who'd clearly done the weekly shop by bike at Sainsbury's - two large full paniers, a large backpack and several carrier bags hanging off the handles. Not surprisingly he/she was wobbling all over the road. Maybe this is what they need?
Another pair of panniers and maybe a trailer; cost: far less than just the insurance for a year for a car.

The other option is to leave the car at home, put all your shopping in your trolley and wheel that home.

Once you have finished with the trolley then dump it on Hermitage Road.

Not only then do you get a personal Sainsbury's service direct to your door, you don't get stuck in traffic, you never have to bother with all that heavy lifting and you will be providing a fantastic public service to the bored and drunk, because as we all know, nothing is more hilarious than getting in a trolley and being wheeled up and down Hermitage Road by your mates late at night.

It's a win/win for everyone! :)

Ah Lou so it's you that keeps leaving trollies all over the pavements for us to negotiate round is it?  Oh how I laughed when the childminder next door had to walk the little ones into the road to get round one last week. I'm starting to think my neighbours will only be happy once our little corner of Harringay has been bulldozed and turned into a three lane motorway with a skatepark on the side

Well you can park them and not have to attach a parking permit... :)

I completely agree - and also with your earlier comments on heavy traffic coming down the road.  If I could stop Hermitage being used as a container truck through route I would.

Perhaps we could get all the people stealing and dumping shopping trolleys and force them to stand on the at the corner of Green lanes and Hermitage and block the road in 12 hour shifts as punishment.

(which may sound really Daily Mail - which I promise I am not - but the trolley thing seems to be getting worse, it just screams 'I don't care about anyone else' and it makes our street look like a dump).

Rant over - feel better now.

The solution is really simple: STOP SHOPPING THERE. If you have a car, go a little further to another supermarket where you won't get stuck.

That resurfacing work in Green Lanes on Sunday caused a tailback up to Manor House and along Seven Sisters road to around Hornsey road, so it wasn't just the carpark that was affected. Whilst I was (briefly) sitting in that carpark jam there were quite a few idiots who showed how ignorant and inconsiderate they are. Like the guy in the 4X4 who decided he didn't need to wait in the queue to get into the carpark and just mounted the pavement and drove over that. He probably left the same way too. Or the guy in the sporst car (too low and delicate to mount the kerb) who decided to do a 23 point turn and join the queue to go back out. That in itself held up the traffic for a while.

Myself, well I was on my small M/B and did what bikes do, up the Outside of the stopped cars. I then turned right into GL instead of left and turned left at the next oppurtunity to get onto Whightman road and back to Endymion thus leaving all the cars to juggle for the narrowed down road space outside Homebase.

Sometimes though when my health is not so good, I have to get a cab to get my shopping. On one trip we got stuck in the dreaded carpark jam. I have a taxicard so I get subsidised fares up to £10.80 for one swipe of the card. I was on swipe 2 when we finally left the carpark. (black cab)

But now in their wisdom Haringey council won't allow us to do two swipes of the card for one journey so I don't know what I'm going to do the next time as these jams do seem to suddenly appear when you're least expecting it and I could end up with a rather large taxi bill if I get caught in one again.

See Anette's solution above :-)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service