Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Another coup for Kevin and Cafe Moka, it seems! Just weeks after notching up its alcohol licence, Kevin's Harringay Cafe attracted the attention of TV home show star Sarah Beeny and her crew.

Some of the Beeny team stopped by at Moka a few weeks back on their way to making a programme in Crouch End for Beeny's new series. (In the new show, Double Your House for Half the Money, Beeny sets out to prove that following her rules people can double their space for half the cost of trading up to that big new house beyond their means).

So impressed were the two crew members, it seems, that they rang Kevin the next day and booked a lunch for thirteen, including Beeny herself. Kevin said. "I had no idea that Sarah Beeny was coming. I recognised her straight away, but it took me a moment to place her!"

Apparently lunch went well. The TV star was so taken with Moka and what Kevin has created out of a long vacant shop, that she decided to change the script and include Moka in the programme rather than the planned Crouch End cafe.

The couple at the centre of the Crouch End episode were at Moka with Beeny and crew on Tuesday and commented, "We love this place. We've lived round here for years and never knew it was here. There's just nowhere like this in Crouch End".

Congratulations, Kevin. But you're in danger of becoming an untrammelled entrepreneurial success story. Could we have a bit of colour please - maybe just a soupçon of screw-up or a dash of PR disaster?

Views: 2374

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe Kevin'll get his finger out and start stocking carburettors and exhaust silencers now that the Diagnostic Centre's gone. The garages on this end of Wightman road are rubbish for such essentials.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service