Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

just a quick heads up that we were burgled on Saturday 2nd May...returned home at 1am sunday morning to find the back door had been forced and was wide open.

the burglar must have either climbed over the roofs or several back garden fences as we are mid terrace.

Luckily not too much was stolen and i have since turned our back door into Harringay's version of Fort Knox, and added another Chubb to the front door.

i have informed all my closest neighbours to keep an eye out for people round the backs of our houses, and phoned the local police number..., as it was the early hours on a sunday no one was there so i left a message, and no one has contacted me since, but to be fair i did say that i didn't need a crime reference number as it was not worth claiming on insurance...it would be nice to know that it is on the statistics though.

that'll teach me for thinking a mid terrace back garden is relatively safe...d'oh!

Tags for Forum Posts: burglary

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is also the possibility that those neighbours nearby are the burglars.

A disturbing idea but one I have had to take on since our back fence got broken down by, probably, thieves from one of two houses in our back-garden nexus. It's not good to dwell on when you sleep on the ground floor.

Does your house back onto the railway line? Unfortunately burglars do often walk down the railway line and come in that way. :/

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service