Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Does anyone know how we might push along the repair of the rising bollards which block the end of Warwick Gardens off from St Anne's Road? It's not unusual for them to be broken (presumably by people trying to tailgate through), but they're usually repaired pretty quickly. To my recollection, they've been out for a few weeks now and, as a Stanhope Gardens resident, I'm noticing a steadily increasing amount of traffic, some of it going pretty fast. This used to be a notorious rat run and I'd hate to go back to those bad old days! I'm not sure where bollard repair is on the list of council priorities in these cash strapped times, but I'd be happy to start the lobby if I knew who to approach...

Views: 352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

.... overall to help reduce traffic going north on Green Lanes and Wightman road

If someone is going north they will get there one way or another and probably hit Green Lanes at some point anyway. If not from Hermitage Rd then from either Seven Sisters Rd, Colina Rd (via St Anns) or Alfoxton Avenue (via West Green Rd). They then cut through ladder rds for Wightman Rd, which are small residential streets. Hermitage Rd is saved by this engineer's 'logic' only to spread the chaos! Maybe that's all they can do with London traffic.

Why not turn Hermitage Rd into a 'B' road and give it the investment it would deserve with its new status. Oh hang on a minute, didn't a certain individual from Highways (now not working there) live off Hermitage Rd (Finsbury Park Ave) at the time this decision to close Hermitage Rd half way along was made.
Ah yes, I doubt you'd get 600 signatures off of one ladder road, not enough 'households' left on them.
And one more thing Anne, the statement Matt, Hermitage road is too narrow, much narrower than your "small residential streets". just doesn't hold water. Google maps shows me that there is easily two way traffic on Hermitage as well as parking along almost the entire length. Where it's narrow appears to be outside the light industrial bit at the St Ann's Rd end where there is also no on street parking (correct me if the great Google is wrong).

As for Matt's accusation of council officials sorting our their own streets, if only more council officials lived in Haringey.
The ladder is 19 east-west roads (21 including Turnpike and Endymion) and therefore a bigger job than what the GRA had to do to prove you had too much traffic cutting through the gardens. I think empirical evidence is something that should have been provided by the council BEFORE the installation of the rising bollards.
Mine is gridlocked every morning from 8 until after 9. No way is that going to be a basis for me getting my street gated. A lot of hard work went in from the GRA with regard to pushing the council for a solution.
Apparently there is a meeting being held on Tuesday 19th October to discuss the future of this road junction, does any one have any information of who will be attending?
The meeting is with the ward Cllrs, members of the gardens resident association and two people from the council...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service