Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

can any one recommend a bike SHOP for kids bikes?

we'd like to take our 8 year old to a shop (note, not online!) to buy a bike with her for her birthday which was now nearly a whole month ago. she's been really patient but think its time to do the deed!

preferably in north london!

thanks

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Evans shop in Crouch End is a big, bright modern place with really friendly staff.

I've not been a big fan of Evans in the past (just because they're a big chain store), but this place is slowly winning me over. I didn't pay any attention to whether they had a huge range of kids' bikes or not, but you could give them a call

Evans Crouch End

I went into the Evans shop last week for brake pads. They were friendly and helpful and did seem to have a biggish stock of kids bikes on the rack I walked past.
The Evans at Spitalfield is enormous and has loads of kids bikes.

for a local bike shop, try two wheels good in crouch end (next to oddbins on crouch hill), or they have one in stokey as well. not sure about how many children's bikes they have, but maybe worth sticking oyur head in when you're passing or giving them a ring to ask.

you can geta discount with a crouch end card as well

Two Wheel's Good are snobby and rude. See previous post on this topic, here.
Two Wheels can come across as snobbish, but in their defence their market is high spec bikes for experienced riders. If I want a top end bike or components, or repairs and advice from experts, I go to Two Wheels. But I wouldn't go there to buy a mid-range commuter hybrid or a child's bike - it's not their thing.
Danzigger, my bicycle cost me £1000 and they were so snobby I bought it from Evans in the end.

Blimey - I've seen them get a bit sniffy with people looking for budget bikes, but you'd expect better treatment if you're spending decent money.

Still, I like Two Wheels: maybe that's because I'm a bit of a bike snob myself...

I'm sorry I tried to help.

I'm sorry I tried to support a local business.

I'm very, very, sorry, and it won't happen again.

There's a new bike shop selling second hand machines at the corner of Priory Road and Park Road  at the bottom of Muswell Hill.

And there's always Halfords - you don't want to be spending £1000 on a bike for an 8 year old.

you've all been brilliantly helpful... thank you! the annoying thing now is that half the shops you've mentioned seem to only stock like 1 model of a kids bike! hey ho - we've now got to commit to the purchase!

thanks!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service