Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I was just cleaning the front garden when someone asked me, in an Eastern European accent, if I had any scrap metal. I didn't but because our front garden gate was stolen this weekend I was curious about this person so I followed him with my eyes and saw him go into the neighbour's (from two doors down) front garden and take something.

I then asked him why he went into people's gardens and he said because things in the front garden are always rubbish and he's allowed to take it. Our hand trolley was stolen in January, when we put it in the front garden, unaware of all those burglaries here, but it was certainly not rubbish. I tried to explain to him that what he's doing isn't ok, but he simply told me to f off.

I threathened to call the police so he went to put back what he'd taken, whilst calling someone.

I called the police meanwhile and saw the guy, and another who was on the opposite side of Allison Road, get into a white Eurocar van. They didn't drive past me but instead reversed onto Green Lanes to avoid me giving their licence plate number to the police.

So I think what happens every morning is that these two guys are looking for things in people's garden and a man in a white van drives them around the area.

The police contacted me twice, saying they're on the lookout, so hopefully something will come out of it.

Just beware people, look out for this white van and please report it to the police.  This really pisses me off cause within 2,5 months of living on the ladder our front garden gate, hand trolley and vacuum cleaner, which my husband was busy repairing, were all stolen. He just left the vacuum cleaner outside to get something inside and it was stolen within a matter of minutes.

Gives me the creeps that I'm inside and there's someone on my property!

Tags for Forum Posts: copper theft

Views: 1675

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Cynthia. Is this in your road, near The Roundway in N17? Have you spoken to your councillors? Have they helped at all? Alan do you know who her councillors might be?

Hugh, the Roundway has four adjacent wards. This Council webpage lets residents look up their ward. I suggest Cynthia emails all three of her ward councillors, explains the problem and asks them to decide which one can help her.

I don't understand why someone at the Council said there's nothing they can do about the rubbish. There is, they can, and they do.

However, I suspect that the problems described by both Jessica and Cynthia go well beyond the accumulation of rubbish in front gardens and the pilfering of clothes, metal etc.

Hi, i have found the names of my local councillors by looking on the link, thanks Alan. I will email all 3 of them. Yes Hugh, Henningham Road just off the round way. I watched yesterday as they unloaded a van full of clothes with charity names on the bag! They are sitting in the back garden @ a nearby Henningham Road House.

(House numbers removed by site admin)

Good luck! (By the way, in case you don't already know, Alan is a councillor for Tottenham Hale ward)

Cynthia, that's theft, call the police!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service