Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Anyone know what's happened at the end of Beresford Road? Lots of police, ambulance and one fire engine. Beresford Road is now blocked off at Wightman Road so you can't turn in to it.

(The narrowing of the road on the junction with Green Lanes causes queues and I wondered if someone has got impatient and shot out of the junction when it is not clear).

Views: 1879

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh blimey!!!! We have a black fiesta and our neighbours said it is ok. Will check back with her. We know the owners of the other two cars too. This happened right outside our place.

Don't worry, the black fiesta is mine. 

Oh no I'm so Sorry for you. (But relief for us). I hope it's not too inconvenient and expensive for you.

When will someone do something about the traffic situation on Beresford Rd? Surely it must be a wake up call after todays accident - I think we have all suffered enough. We went to investigate and one women had had her car written off three times parked outside her own house.  Our car has been in the garage for 3 weeks after a hit and run when parked outside our house.  Yes, we actually managed to park outside our house which is unusual! I think we should all unite together and have a protest and block off the top of the road. I am sick and tired of the amount of cars coming down our street as I am sure you all are.  It's time to act! Fortunately, no one was hurt but imagine if somebody had been walking down the street with their family...  It doesn't bear thinking about, we all need to wake up and act !!!

I feel very sorry for the driver, and those who's cars got damaged. But before we have a campaign to turn the ladder into a gated community and end up in an 'us and them situation'. Surely part of the answer would be to have the 20mph limit inforced.

Everyone In london suffers from numbties speeding! But we do live here and not in a sparsely populated region of the countryside, so cars are always going to be a problem along with a million other irritants. Aren't cars and congestion one of the prices we pay for living in one of the greatest cities in the world.?

I agree that the 20mph needs to be enforced on the ladder and on Wightman. I'd feel a lot safer and happier about parking my car here.

yes indeed but we do have a problem on our street since the no right turn on Hewitt rd and not to address it would be crazy, we have to deal with it.I  am more than aware of the fact we live in London and have lived on the ladder for 25yrs but on a much quieter street.

it must be sickening for those whose cars were damaged, but sadly this could have happened on any road. let's fix the traffic on the whole ladder.

The answer to the traffic on an individual road or the ladder as a whole needs to be solved on a borough wide basis. Anything that happens there will have knock ons everywhere. Surely it must be about spreading the load across the borough

change.org petition about traffic

I have started up a petition asking the council to look at traffic management across the whole ladder and Wightman Road... I know probably nothing will happen but it's worth a try. Please sign the above if you would like the powers that be to look at this properly.. thanks!

well done, I know its awful what happened and of course, we don't want to turn a dreadful accident into a rallying cry about the traffic situation but at least we are now communicating and anything is worth a try. Thanks 

Thanks for setting this up. Signed. How do we make it more visible? I'm sure many more residents will sign if they know it's there. Share it on the Facebook page?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service