Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Anyone having trouble accessing HoL via newsletter from iPhone

With UK smartphone penetration in the UK at just about 50% more and more people are accessing HoL via their phones (about 15,000 different people every month). So I'm keem to make sure it works as well as possible. 

So, it was with some concern when I recived the following email this morning:

Hi Hugh

I just received my weekly newsletter from you guys at HoL and trying to click any of the links results in an error message saying

'unable to connect because there are too many redirects'

I'm using an apple iPhone 3GS, the software is up to date and I have already tried the iT classic of switching it off and on again and have tried connecting to links in other emails, which it does fine.

I enjoy my local info hit and don't often have the option of doing it via a laptop, any suggestions?

B

I've tried replicating the issue on my iphone and I can't. Everything's working fine. If there's a bug here, I'm keen to sort it out. Has anyone else had this issue?

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

This is a configuration issue of wordpress. 

Read here - http://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-too-many-redirects and you should be able to solve it. 

M

Thanks Mark, I found a bundle of posts on a Wordpress issue. If it's a HoL-side issue, it may be something similar but we don't host with Wordpress. Any idea if any Ning issues have been reported?

what do you host with? I'm a huge fan of Wordpress which is why I assumed you did. 

It probably is something yourside, the way a redirect works, maybe how the root domain is configured. I bet that if you browse directly through to the home page it works, it is only when a link is clicked that the issue, so there is some redirect jiggerpokery going online, and it probably gets stuck in an infinite loop. 

M

Ning. All links working fine on my iphone. I can't reproduce the issue. The links 'B' had an issue with were on the email version of this newsletter

I often read on iPhone and have not had any problems.

Thanks A.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service